dangerous trees (identifying ownership?)

Charlieh

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

er nope, as im ex N park staff and have had the land ownership GIS checked,

its one of those no-mans land areas really, think the LA are going to have to deal with as its just to bigger risk to ignore given the location

this is the thing, i personally think its the fishing clubs problem, but they own just the rights and it has been handed down for the last 5 generations. they only fish off the other bank due to the restricted access on the road side.

Im going to do the clear up of the trees that have fallen, for the fishing club, as they feel its damaging a wier. But i feel very guilty about not getting something sorted about the others.

Also serveral of the local landowners have started asking whats killing all the mature willows along there, they have no signs of fungi or decay and the barks just dropped off them!

this is the thing, i personally think its the fishing clubs problem, but they own just the rights and it has been handed down for the last 5 generations. they only fish off the other bank due to the restricted access on the road side.

Im going to do the clear up of the trees that have fallen, for the fishing club, as they feel its damaging a wier. But i feel very guilty about not getting something sorted about the others.

Also serveral of the local landowners have started asking whats killing all the mature willows along there, they have no signs of fungi or decay and the barks just dropped off them!

Dead trees along a watercourse...... Massive habitat potential - they will need to have a habitat/bat survey - i would stay clear in this case if i were you and LA to sort out....

coming back to that dry stone wall... Its very conceivable that that wall is in fact only an implied or agreed boundary, that the ownership of the land actually stretches, as tradition dictates, to the centre of the watercourse, the landowner therefore being responsible for his half.

Thats happened a lot round here, expecially since the flooding began. numerous landowners putting up new fences and walls at the top of the banks of the beck and attempting to wash their hands of their responsibility. I dont think any of them have managed to make it stick though,

however, that wall has obviously been there a fair old while, and your local regs etc may well differ. This was all borne out of the local drainage authority wrapping up (instead of joining the district one,to save people a ludicrous rise in their rates) and the EA wanting nothing to do with 'any' of our local watercourses anymore, not even the Eau or even a good stretch of the Trent now!

QUOTE......now the issue is these trees sit between a drystone wall and the river bank. The owner of the fishing rights say their not his, the LA say there not theirs, the two adjoining landowners say there not theirs,

so the question is whos are they......QUOTE

Tell them the timber is worth 5 Grand................You'll soon find an owner:drunk:

Dead trees along a watercourse...... Massive habitat potential - they will need to have a habitat/bat survey - i would stay clear in this case if i were you and LA to sort out....

yep lots of habitat potential, there is a daubentons roost just upstream of these trees and the main concearn is that we will be removing a key feeding corridor, but i think in this case safety has to come first. Also we are getting several daubies caught on fly fishing flies getting snagged in the trees so are going to remove some of the lower branches anyway. The trees them self have little roost potential as there are virtually no cavities or cracks in the trees currently.

chasing the LA at the moment to get this sorted

coming back to that dry stone wall... Its very conceivable that that wall is in fact only an implied or agreed boundary, that the ownership of the land actually stretches, as tradition dictates, to the centre of the watercourse, the landowner therefore being responsible for his half.QUOTE]

Thats the answer that we have found with domestic customers whose gardens back on to a river/stream etc. The fence isnt usually the boundary for some reason!