Getting Ready For LOLER

Axeman

Thanks for the advice everyone.

I thought I would mark all of my kit for various reasons one of them includes my sons (One who works full time with me now. Another who will be joining us in a couple of weeks after he leaves school. Another next year and another the year after that. Dad can I borrow this or that’s mine, need I go further).

Now I’m showing my age. :)

Got to be worth marking it all I guess. Will be useful to ke track of how long I've had items and more.

Thanks for the extra items to list Lancstree

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I would mark all of my kit for various reasons one of them includes my sons (One who works full time with me now. Another who will be joining us in a couple of weeks after he leaves school. Another next year and another the year after that. Dad can I borrow this or that’s mine, need I go further).

Proper family firm:icon14: I like it!!!

Are any or all going to college?

Are any or all going to college?

Been trying to get the one due to leave soon to go to college but he just wants to get to work and do his NPTC's.

Hate's school life I guess. (Wish I was back there.) Dont know about the rest m8. We'll have to wait and see.

Been trying to get the one due to leave soon to go to college but he just wants to get to work and do his NPTC's.

Hate's school life I guess. (Wish I was back there.) Dont know about the rest m8. We'll have to wait and see.

I have two boys, think one will defiantly join me,not sure about the other. I want mine to go to college but, they may not want to.

I want mine to go to college but, they may not want to.

I found out the hard way m8. I kept going on to my oldest to do this and do that but at a later date it all blew back in my face. Now I let the others make their own minds up on how they want to enter the real world.

A little advice on the way shouldnt harm and should keep them on the right track though :motz:

Items for LOLER

So Far:

Climbing:

Harness

Ropes

Friction Cords

Karabiners

Pulleys

Petzl Pantin

Ascenders

Shunt

Rigging:

Ropes

Pulleys

Steel carabiners

Webbing Slings

Whoopie Slings

Lowering Device

Tirfor winch and cable

As far as i'm aware (i'm not a LOLER inspector) the pantin isn't reqired as its not part of life support. it can't be used as main or backup life support as it has no locking mechanisim to keep the rope in teh body of the device. I've been told its a climbing aid like spikes.

Jamie