Camera for forest: Canon or Nikon ??

mdvaden

mc vaden I am and always will be a canon man, nuff said.

If you want wide angles without the distortions of 20mm or less just for info in old money (not aps sensor raNGE) 35 mm is equivelant to the human field of vision, 20mm or less you start to get that bendy look!

ps canon lenses are WAY better than nikons, and its the glass, not the camera that counts. Lseries lenses all the way, they are recognised by the red band around the end of the lens, and all contain fluorite crystal, THE BEST glass avaliable and owned by canon

I have the Nikon D90. Fantastic camera take it everywhere i go. Also has a HD movie mode which can be quite cool. I use the 18-105vr lense on it which gives really nice photos.

I want a 10-20mm Sigma wide angle lense next. I've had a play with some Cannon cameras but always go back to Nikon.

37275_10150197703520456_893020455_13339696_6444498_n.jpg

Cropped and scaled down from the D90.

Edited by Brushcutter

I have the Nikon D90. Fantastic camera take it everywhere i go. Also has a HD movie mode which can be quite cool. I use the 18-105vr lense on it which gives really nice photos.

I want a 10-20mm Sigma wide angle lense next. I've had a play with some Cannon cameras but always go back to Nikon.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose....

Whats the most sold brand to the paps, the sports photographers etc?

what cameras do them jap tourists walk around the deer parks with?

oh yes. look they are all on canon lenses!:001_tt2:

I have the 10-20mm sigma on a d80,good lense for the money!:thumbup1:

Different strokes for different folks I suppose....

Whats the most sold brand to the paps, the sports photographers etc?

what cameras do them jap tourists walk around the deer parks with?

oh yes. look they are all on canon lenses!:001_tt2:

I went to Flying Legends at Duxford in July. You have never seen so many Cannon cameras and lenses in one place. The guy next to me had a pair of Eos 1s with some very long fast lenses.

Ended up getting the Canon T2i.

Its going to take a little more effort to learn the controls on this one than my last two smaller cameras. Some is similar, but plenty is not.

Dished-out for an extra battery too. Will have to remember to bring the charger when I go places now.

Thanks again for all the tips and feedback. Several replies led to reading about a lot of other stuff worth learning.