bat heaven

testcricket01

What a tree, good work man & nice to see someone that cares.

I was asked to remove a big Oak from a golf course years ago, when I asked about TPO he said cut it on the weekend he wasnt worried about that. I could have got more from the fire wood alone but decided this tree looked fine just where it stood and was there long before a golf course was put around it.

The tree still stands (right in the line of fire lol) the original owner has died and the new owner has more respect.

It's not all about money is it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent story, worthy of the local press I think. Raise the profile of professional tree surgeons as habitat managers.

Excellent Bat habitat, even if just for the foraging value.

You could have enhanced this further by installing discreet bat boxes, ensuring a future warm dry roost incase the tree hollows become wet and unsuitable.

Keep up the good ecological profile!

Excellent story, worthy of the local press I think. Raise the profile of professional tree surgeons as habitat managers.

Excellent Bat habitat, even if just for the foraging value.

You could have enhanced this further by installing discreet bat boxes, ensuring a future warm dry roost incase the tree hollows become wet and unsuitable.

Keep up the good ecological profile!

I thought the same, i saw some great bat boxes in the ashridge estate a while back, just a lot of sheets of ply to form a similar habitat to a hazard beam which bats seem to love as a short term roost.

cant find the pic at the mo, will add as and when i find it:thumbup:

• 8 months later...
i went back to check up on how it recovered from my reduction and its come back into leaf. no branches without leaf, or spilt out branches so looks like shes stood up to the recent winds just fine with the reduction :thumbup1:

:thumbup: Great Job. Its good to see work done with such respect :thumbup: