winch fit to discovery 3

ad15

could you not bash it on yourself?

i'm doing mine with a mixture of LR instructions and youtube...

probably... but the amount i can earn in the time that it would take me to fit it, it just doesnt make sence. i might as well get someone to do it once and properly insted of messing around with it and probably having to pay someone to look at it in the end anyway

im pretty good at cutting trees, but not so good at motor mechanics etc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah but your 90 can't carry 7 people,, in comfort.... from here to the alps and back.....at 30 mpg.....:001_tt2:

:blushing: very true :001_tt2: but actually mines pretty good on fuel mines pre one of the older ones, pre turbo, well seems better than my mates turbo version

probably... but the amount i can earn in the time that it would take me to fit it, it just doesnt make sence. i might as well get someone to do it once and properly insted of messing around with it and probably having to pay someone to look at it in the end anyway

im pretty good at cutting trees, but not so good at motor mechanics etc

good answer :thumbup1: i see the logic!

• 2 weeks later...

well,, started it all again 9am,, just finished 8pm,,

the spider was hiding in there..

what do you think? have a little write up to follow,,if wanted..

i still have to put on some edge finishing on the cut bumper,, incidentally i cut mine up instead of using the black one,, only thing left is the split charge,,

IMG_2262.JPG.373e3d67c62b00083ceca9fc7829f9d2.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG.c672baa90b7f079744046d8eb46221a7.JPG

IMG_2252.JPG.909171e68fe720faec4a4418d5619bd6.JPG

IMG_2251.JPG.a0510ae623fcefc01db96078a485f532.JPG

to be honest if you did that you'd be left with a BIG hole,,,most d3's with winches have a "hidden" mount,,, the issue with that is maintenance and free spooling can be tricky too,

i went with the external as it will be used for work, i need to get at it easily for maintenance etc etc,,,

also , if you took the tray off you'd have the vertical pieces sticking out,, think plod might have something to say about that,

will post more pics when i can