Second generation, climbers and cutters.

skyhuck

i am sure you will get on great Huck, I worked with my dad right up till i was 19, the hardest years were from when i was 17-19 but that is easy to understand why lol. As Peter says, get him out a few days here and there, and treat him the way oyu would like to be trewated yourself. The common mistake i see with father and son teams is the father puts too much emphasis on how hard it has been for him bilding the business and gives the lad too hard a time. I would down load the current employment contract for the job vacancy and both sit down and go over it. It means if he thinks you are being unfair then the decisions can be made because it is in black and white. Try very hard to take the emotional side out of it, VERY VERY hard to do because you have spent his lifetime looking after him. Good luck mate, maybe one day your lad will be on here giving my boys some advice:thumbup1:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sure you will get on great Huck, I worked with my dad right up till i was 19, the hardest years were from when i was 17-19 but that is easy to understand why lol. As Peter says, get him out a few days here and there, and treat him the way oyu would like to be trewated yourself. The common mistake i see with father and son teams is the father puts too much emphasis on how hard it has been for him bilding the business and gives the lad too hard a time. I would down load the current employment contract for the job vacancy and both sit down and go over it. It means if he thinks you are being unfair then the decisions can be made because it is in black and white. Try very hard to take the emotional side out of it, VERY VERY hard to do because you have spent his lifetime looking after him. Good luck mate, maybe one day your lad will be on here giving my boys some advice:thumbup1:

And vice versa:thumbup1:

How cool would that be!!!!:thumbup:

i've always worked with my dad, gardening. still do now and then when i'm at home. used to break alot of things, my cousin used to work with us too, it was good fun. but gardening is easy you just cut grass, while tree work can be a bit more arguementative. i worked for a father son business in australia, his son was lazy, sometimes he'd work sometimes he wouldn't, i think they just enjoyed driving around together looking at jobs. but sadly his son got killed by a chipper(i'd left by then). his father had a drinking problem while i was there god knows what he's like now.