Religion

christreeroot

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does "God" not "heal" Zimbabwe, or at least kill Mugabe ?

I wish he would too skyhuck. I respect your compassion for them.

I believe we all have free will to choose how to live, what to believe etc. This means that some troubled people decide to live lives full of hatred and violence eg in Zimbabwe. If God didn't allow consequences of our free will actions to occur then we wouldn't really have free will.

At the same time I believe if people have active faith in God and choose to do good, then crazy stuff like healings and miracles can happen.

Where was the free will of a woman in Zimbabwe, who in front of her family had both her breasts cut of and was then burnt to death?

If there is a god I can't forgive his lack of action!

As mistertee has already said God gave man the gift of choice at creation, what you describe is not the will of God but of man... Man will be held accountable for his actions at judgement day.....

There is no god. there are no little green men there are no faries at ther bottom of the garden. There is just pain and suffering hypocricy hatred and war. What if the good samararitan had taken a leaf from the good lords book? Where would morality be then?

IMO religeon is a form of mental illness. A wide spread illness. We shouldn't need religeon to guide us to treat others with respect and love. The threat of eternal damnation can be no part of morality, or the free will Spoken of here, is somewhat reduced. I don't mean this as an insult, but as a hypothesis. So please dont take it as such. It is after all my (and millions of others) opinion which I am allowed to hold.

As mistertee has already said God gave man the gift of choice at creation, what you describe is not the will of God but of man... Man will be held accountable for his actions at judgement day.....

So if I see someone being raped and I do nothing, Iam as wonderful as god am I? Sounds abit lazy to me, not to mention devoid of courage. Lu Lu land nuts babble.

If I was in the street and I saw three 5 year olds killing a 3 year old should I act to help the child?

I have the ability to stop it as I am bigger and stronger than they, so in my mind I have a "responsibility" to act.

To claim I would be removing their "free will" is utter nonsense!

I happen to agree 100%, i'm just not with the organised religion part..

I happen to agree 100%, i'm just not with the organised religion part..

Being a born again christian is nothing to do with organised religion its about worshiping christ in what ever way it manifests itself.

See the Lakeland Outpouring http://www.god.tv/god

Its not organised, no body knows what the lord is going to do on a given night.:001_smile: