just applying for my NZ visa

vduben

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the main species? eucaliptus? i hear they have those kaourie trees out their (most likley wrong spelling) that your not allowed to work on now cos of protection or somthing, was wondering if any one had a pic of them or the right spelling. how come not much rigging?

ChCh is like little England. It was a swamp till a few years ago and many of the trees are from the UK. They've lots of big elms in one part. There are also some BIG eucs, and lots of pin oak.. Or maybe I just spent lots of time thinning crappy pin oaks.. The Kauri trees are all on the North Island I think, worth a visit! As are the southern beech forests.

The Southern Alps are a couple of hours drive but don't expect the conditions to be like Europe or the States. It's much, much less developed. Propper big pointy mountains but no bars etc..

Sumner is on the edge of ChCh. Head for there. You can surf a bit, paraglide often and the hills from an old volcano give the place some aspect. Loads of Britts end up there. Be prepared to stay, I don't know why I came back!

sumner thats the name of the joint i forgot. ok it's pretty, can't fault it. this mighty quiet. depends what sort of person you are. ridiculously long way away, feel like your in the corner of the world. which makes it harder being away from home. love the birds there(ones with feathers).

there didn't seem to be much rigging mainly due to the open design of road sides parks and gardens. but i was mainly doing street trees and parks. they love crane jobs(that might be the reason, why rig when you can crane). even a few helicopter jobs. i was only doing my traineeship then. on my $13.50 an hour. don't seem to get much more than $23 an hour. give it a whirl

hey, i live in sumner great place,when the suns out in summer,full of hot chicks wondering around,

ski season is about to start in the next few weeks,i cant wait,

got a few pics of the kauri trees which are in the north island,

yeh $23 is the most u would get if your on the books more if subbing

adam