Would you go beyond the 'call of duty'?

RobRainford

Tony you sound even more disillusioned than ever.

I don't feel looked down upon or unappreciated or disrespected.

I set my own rate of pay, so if I'm under paid its my doing.

I'm not having a go here, I'm just saying that its maybe not the industry as a whole that feels the way you do and maybe its time for you to try and change how you feel about the things that happen to you.

Could it be your interpretation of the way those you deal with treat you??

It just seem a real shame that some one with you obvious talents and love for our trade, feel so under valued and bitter.

Im well aware of how bitter ive gotten, and wasnt suggesting anyone stops knocking just cos ive lost the incentives.

I guess I feel i am worth more, financialy and respectfully and it is hard not to get a bit twisted when its so flipping hard to change that situation.

Reality is I'm earning the same now (maybe a LITTLE more) as I was 15 years ago, but I am twice the man I was then.

Ive been blown out for the only job I REALLY wanted 2 year ago, a trainee consultant on 28K starting salary. i got blown out recently for a surveyors position because my CV didnt reflect my enthusiasm for the role!:001_rolleyes:

I do hate that it shows how fustrated I am, but i am doing ALL i can to alter the situation, and this forum and getting out on my own to the ancient woods, is the ONLY thing thats keeping this interesting.:thumbup1:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic