newbie !!

Edp

Hiya guys , im fairly new to climbing and only do it for sport as im in dairy farming by trade.. Ive been on spikes and im realising its addictive.. how difficult is it for a TOTAL novice to get into pole climbing as sport? i read a lot of threads saying just come along and try it but is it really just that simple ? Thanks in advance for your time. Ed

actualy, yes it is that simple!!!!

you can just turn up, borrow some kit and get up there!

the next one this year is the newbury show, have a look through the other threads in the pole forum for details and organiser contacts.

theres littletree, terry bennet and pete the pole on this forum who are organisers/moderators.

thanks for the replys folks, nope no live trees envolved ive got a very good friend that tought me to climb and he is a very good arborist. hed kill me if he saw me climb a live tree on spikes, we have some old utility poles and dead stuff on the farm.!!!:biggrin:

Agreed at woodfest and the yorkshire show i borrowed strops and matts toe spikes for a quick run. Newbury is a turn up and have a go. Designed for people who want to have a try and see if they like it and don't fancy turning up to one of the championship events. :laugh1:

P.S i will be at newbury on the saturday and will have bits n bobs you can borrow.

Must say a big thanks too you all for being so encouraging.. think il try my best to get to newbury show and have a go and see where i get from there. Ian : not sure if i can get there sat but if i can il be sure to seek you out !! many thanks again folks !!:thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...
Must say a big thanks too you all for being so encouraging.. think il try my best to get to newbury show and have a go and see where i get from there. Ian : not sure if i can get there sat but if i can il be sure to seek you out !! many thanks again folks !!:thumbup:

Hi Edp I will be going to Nebury next weekend . its a great weekend and you can get a really good go to climb the poles . all you need to do is book in on the morning at the arena to get a slot there is climbing 3 times each day you need to fill in the form and they will book you in a slot for it .

See you there

Littltree:thumbup: