In Line ReDI

DrewB

Heres the inline retrievable redi ive come up with that has no retrieval line, and doesnt use the tail of your rope to retrieve. Tom Oldmeadow kick started this idea but this is what ive finished up with. To retrieve i just tie a slip knot under the HC and clip into it. Attach a retrieval ball using elastic about a foot above spliced eye and pull the hitch side (the same as retracing your line through the tree) so the that the spliced eye side goes upwards. The ball then hits the clip and undoes the whole system. The cinch backs up the ropeman and the ropeman backs up the cinch so no stopper knot needed. If the system is unweighted the cinch stops at the ropeman. Works really well and its so nice not having to use your tail to retrieve-Big thanks to Joe Harris too for making the VTIO papers on redirects that started all this off.

It looks gear intensive but is amazing quick to install and the benefits (for me) outweigh the hassle of carrying the gear.

P1000163.JPG.e84ce96d24f5f78499b17048ec70dfd8.JPG

P1000162.JPG.43087d7030c17b29e706ded59ebffa79.JPG

P1000160.JPG.e60b0b1d97c9bd10cb18883fc19c51c7.JPG

P1000161.JPG.5ff905a8ee2b116a4e37e9a5904534b4.JPG

P1000154.jpg.3162eebd18fddb1303418b06b4aa714d.jpg

on the green rope peter? that just falls through the cinch and the whole set then stays on the line via the HMS crab

or on the tachyon? yuour holding the tail the same as when you retrace your prussic through a crotch. is that what you mean mate?

not sure peter but the way the cinch makes it work is that the open ropeman makes the cinch open when its pulled-you could tie the 2 ropemans together and piggy back off them but ive never tried due to the cinch working so good!

yeah i actually reckon 2 ropemans wil work-you could tie the leash of both of them together so they both undo at the same time.The only downside is that they can bite on to the rope a bit hard and this might make opening them a bit harder-as the cinch is smooth inside this doesnt happen. ill have a play tomorrow

Do you find that the ball tends to slip down when it gets to the retrieval shackle? I found the shackle works like a slack tender and pulls it down the line?

Anyway, heres my quick attempt just with the kit in my bag. The Ropeman II doesnt work at all, it just imbeds all the little points into the rope when you try to retrieve it. The double pulley is necessary to keep everything aligned and pull off smoothly.

Photo053.jpg.7bd4d6e552b20aa7cfa55e463ccef9ae.jpg

Photo052.jpg.e79639668bf23e1a248ffd33f25cf543.jpg