Ask a silly question!

Mesterh

Ive read quite a few posts over the years where people think they are asking a silly question or say they are glad someone asked because they didnt want to.

I have no problem with being embarrassed and constantly say and ask silly things all the time:blushing:

Anyway I just thought of a question I think maybe a bit silly and thought I would start a thread where anyone can ask anything(whithin forum rules:sneaky2:) and NO ONE can take the piss or give a silly answer.

So here are my ?'s

To all you lads and lasses with mog's that are totally enclosed, how do you tell when it is full or nearly full with chip?

Also what do you do when removing timber(on jobs where its not worth also towing a timber trailer ie just a few bits of timber that wont chip) because they look awkward to throw timber into?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a fair idea how much brash we can chip before it starts to get full, but we also watch for chip bouncing out the top, look at the crack where the side doors fit the body, too see how full its getting and climb up the side ladder to check and kick the chip about.

I have a link box that we take when we don't take a trailer, it will carry logs, raking up, road signs and even the small Carlton stump grinder.

We have a fair idea how much brash we can chip before it starts to get full, but we also watch for chip bouncing out the top, look at the crack where the side doors fit the body, too see how full its getting and climb up the side ladder to check and kick the chip about.

I have a link box that we take when we don't take a trailer, it will carry logs, raking up, road signs and even the small Carlton stump grinder.

My knowledge of this industry has just increased a bit, thanks:thumbup1:

Although, what is a link box?

A link box, is a box that fits on the three point linkage of a tractor, for carrying feed, animals or anything else a farmer may need.

It has the advantage of tipping, so once back at the yard you just remove the rear panel, lift the linkage high and tip out the contents.

A link box, is a box that fits on the three point linkage of a tractor, for carrying feed, animals or anything else a farmer may need.

It has the advantage of tipping, so once back at the yard you just remove the rear panel, lift the linkage high and tip out the contents.

Ive used a few tractors but not used a link box, half assumed it connected to the links but best to have it explained, ta.:thumbup1:

Sounds like a well handy piece of kit.:thumbup: