Speed camera whingers

Dean Lofthouse

As far as I know it is a cash cow for the government as the funds from the fines go to the treasury but the up keep of the cameras is paid for by the councils.

Tbh I would rather see more cameras and less speed bumps.

Also IIRC cameras can only be installed in spots where there has been something like 2 accidents resulting in death within something like 3 years, so they cant just bung them up anywhere ie thats why when people complain and ask for a camera they put speed bumps in instead.

I would just rather see more coppers on the road who can also be on the look out for other types of crime happening rather than only speeding.

BTW I've been done for speeding a couple of times and I'm not complaining about it one bit, all my own fault.:blushing:

BUT THEY SHOULD BE OUT THERE CATCHING REAL CRIMINALS!!!!

:001_tongue:

The police dont want to go out catching real criminals they fight back and if they do manage to arrest and prosecute they have no where to store them.

Speed bumps wreck your motor's suspension and all the more if you got "Tarty" alloys....( OPPPss, thats me then! ) Cameras dont work. I dont care what they tell you!

Good riddance to the nanny state with their "listening"...its all population control. Just dont look like you are having any fun..they'll bust you!:001_tongue:

I though the article was a pile of pooh.

He talks rubbish in my view.

Speed cameras do not reduce speeding, they just let tossers know where not to speed and let them know they are unlikely to get caught any where else.

As for his comment about there not being a "war on motorists", what planet is he on????:001_rolleyes:

We are taxed more than 50% on the fuel we use!!

We pay a road fund license, but most of it is not used for road maintenance or improvement.

Yes motoring is cheaper than many other forms of transport, but that because of the economy of scale, most of us use cars, making it cheap. We pay a price for its popularity, in road congestion.

As for most public transport, its subsidized, those using it don't pay the full cost, but motorists pay way more than the real costs.

And air travel is a joke, they pay no were near the tax of some poor person just trying get to work in their car.

Staying at exactly 30mp is not that easy, if you go to slow people come right up your bumper or attempt dangerous overtaking maneuvers, so to penalize people for a momentary laps which makes them go 2 or 3 MPH over the limit is harsh, IMV. And they often sight them on hills, so even with your foot of the gas you can get caught:thumbdown:

I though the article was a pile of pooh.

He talks rubbish in my view.

Speed cameras do not reduce speeding, they just let tossers know where not to speed and let them know they are unlikely to get caught any where else.

As for his comment about there not being a "war on motorists", what planet is he on????:001_rolleyes:

We are taxed more than 50% on the fuel we use!!

We pay a road fund license, but most of it is not used for road maintenance or improvement.

Yes motoring is cheaper than many other forms of transport, but that because of the economy of scale, most of us use cars, making it cheap. We pay a price for its popularity, in road congestion.

As for most public transport, its subsidized, those using it don't pay the full cost, but motorists pay way more than the real costs.

And air travel is a joke, they pay no were near the tax of some poor person just trying get to work in their car.

Staying at exactly 30mp is not that easy, if you go to slow people come right up your bumper or attempt dangerous overtaking maneuvers, so to penalize people for a momentary laps which makes them go 2 or 3 MPH over the limit is harsh, IMV. And they often sight them on hills, so even with your foot of the gas you can get caught:thumbdown:

Hard day Dave ?? :laugh1:

Yep the tax payer pays for those that use public transport even though its still not that cheap to use.

IMO there needs to be really SERIOUS look at the way we transport our selves and our goods to make a good environmental and economic way of transporting stuff.

An people on bikes need a right good slapping!