climbing arms only

headgroundsman

Dont make things complicated, just a double rope system

You will have more upper body strength than most on this forum and the distance you are pulling yourself up is very short.

Have a cambium saver permanently installed and leave a thrownline through the rings tied to the tree. You come along, pull up your drt system and get into the tree.

When you have finished come down, unhook and tie the throwline to the eye of your line before you pull it down and leave the throwline for next time.

:thumbup1: Exactly what i would do

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont make things complicated, just a double rope system

You will have more upper body strength than most on this forum and the distance you are pulling yourself up is very short.

Have a cambium saver permanently installed and leave a thrownline through the rings tied to the tree. You come along, pull up your drt system and get into the tree.

When you have finished come down, unhook and tie the throwline to the eye of your line before you pull it down and leave the throwline for next time.

agreed, with the addition of a basic harness (maybe a rock climbing harness), or just a sling.

thanks for your suggestion. It sounds simple enough but I dont understand the terminology. I have a hoist on a tractor to get me into the seat with a simple sling maybe the sling would be of some use.

I'm sure there would be a local Arbtalker would volunteer to show you the ropes so to speak in the lichfield or Midlands area ??

thanks for your suggestion. It sounds simple enough but I dont understand the terminology. I have a hoist on a tractor to get me into the seat with a simple sling maybe the sling would be of some use.

if the tractor has a bucket couldn't that lift you the 8-10 feet and bobs your uncle..

as for climbing, i'd bet you have stronger arms that you think,, strong enough to not need any 3:1 pulley system like most of us...:001_smile: