fox glove tree

Martyn Amos

FOX GLOVE TREE

saw one of these yesterday in a public garden in abergavenny [monmouthshire]

went out for the day with the wife and kids shopping and we popped in these gardens

i have never heared of or seen one of these trees before what an awesome tree with massive leaves,had a look on the net and they are an import from china,it did mention when this tree is pollarded the leaves grow large,tree did not have any signs of work carried out?so i would like to see the size on the leaves when the work is done [could use them as a picnic blanket]

leaf in the picture is with my daughter [molly] who is six

leaf is 15" from top to stalk and 10" wide

any one seen one of these tr[ATTACH]:001_rolleyes:[/ATTACH]ees

002.jpg.005c9daab350eecb99e4e397e8f10a87.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a lovely one here in Worcester, will post some pics when it flowers. :001_smile:

thanks john,just had a post from gavin,he saw one in flower in kew

i will return to see this tree in flower,abergavenney is only half hour run from me and we have been going there for years,has we like the town

did not know the gardens were there,we came across them by accident:blushing:

possibly saw one the other day. me and 2 other coleagues spent our break trying to decide if it was a foxglove or catalpa as they are virtually identical all but a few subtle differences. the tree had traits of both but not all traits of one? hybrid?

possibly saw one the other day. me and 2 other coleagues spent our break trying to decide if it was a foxglove or catalpa as they are virtually identical all but a few subtle differences. the tree had traits of both but not all traits of one? hybrid?

i only knew it was a foxglove,because it had a name tag?[so did all the other trees in the garden]:thumbup1: