Shoddy work

Hodge

does not look overly great but i guess it depends on what the customer asked to be done and what he was paying for .

but as a "Profesional" you would not leave stubs like that with the aim of them re sprouting, especialy on a beech tree. the stubs would be better removed. this is what we are up against. if the customer asked for that then he should have been educated as to what would be best for the tree.:confused1:

but as a "Profesional" you would not leave stubs like that with the aim of them re sprouting, especialy on a beech tree. the stubs would be better removed. this is what we are up against. if the customer asked for that then he should have been educated as to what would be best for the tree.:confused1:

in an ideal world yes , how many people get asked to leave a stick so tht the client can grow a creeper up it ? many tree surgeons would ask who the hell carried out such a sever pollard or "lop" to put it slightly better . i have often been carrying out line clearence work for westernt power whereby the permission for states quite clearly that the customer will only allow 1meter to be taken off - i have explained to the customer when turning up to do the job that this is not good practice and explained that if we were allowed to take everythin back to a suitable pruning point or termination point that it would be far better for the trees and would look far better too - it only led to alot of grief from western power and the owner of the trees - as the owner said to me - who the hell gives you the right to tell me what i want or that what i want is not corect now get off of my property .

i totally agree that shoddy work should not be carried out by professionalls but not everything is as simple as black and white.

i have often been carrying out line clearence work for westernt power whereby the permission for states quite clearly that the customer will only allow 1meter to be taken off - i have explained to the customer when turning up to do the job that this is not good practice and explained that if we were allowed to take everythin back to a suitable pruning point or termination point that it would be far better for the trees and would look far better too - it only led to alot of grief from western power and the owner of the trees - as the owner said to me - who the hell gives you the right to tell me what i want or that what i want is not corect now get off of my property .

Sounds like you may need a little work on your diplomatic skills.