Men or machines.

skyhuck

i had to ask the wife what devils advocate means lol. call it what you want, if thats what i am then fair enough. All i know is when i am driving about with 2 kids in the van that are hungry, cranky and bored and i also need some fuel for the van and a weekly shop, then i go to tescos. I drive in and get parked by the door, can take the kids for some food, look round the cool stuff while the wife gets to shop in peace and quiet, then i fill up the van and come home, job done. I gave tescos nearly £200 today but if they didnt get it then someone else would have.

Like Huck, we have a morisons, asda, somerfields, marks n sparks etc all in the same vasinity, i go to which ever one suits my needs at the time.

If Bartlets opened a Tree Surgery branch in my town and slashed all my prices and took all my work, bought all the land where i used to take and keep stuff, then guess what i would do, get a job with Bartletts. I know a local butcher who chucked his business and now works in Morrisons and he loves it, no hassles, up to date kit and wage packet. Thats my 2pence for now.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i had to ask the wife what devils advocate means lol. call it what you want, if thats what i am then fair enough. All i know is when i am driving about with 2 kids in the van that are hungry, cranky and bored and i also need some fuel for the van and a weekly shop, then i go to tescos. I drive in and get parked by the door, can take the kids for some food, look round the cool stuff while the wife gets to shop in peace and quiet, then i fill up the van and come home, job done. I gave tescos nearly £200 today but if they didnt get it then someone else would have.

Like Huck, we have a morisons, asda, somerfields, marks n sparks etc all in the same vasinity, i go to which ever one suits my needs at the time.

If Bartlets opened a Tree Surgery branch in my town and slashed all my prices and took all my work, bought all the land where i used to take and keep stuff, then guess what i would do, get a job with Bartletts. I know a local butcher who chucked his business and now works in Morrisons and he loves it, no hassles, up to date kit and wage packet. Thats my 2pence for now.

And that perfectly sums up the modern day human condition. I am exactly the same mate, and so are we all pretty much. Although i know / feel its wrong, and that iam prostituting mysefl to the 'enemy', whilst at the same time entrenching their monopoly, its what we do. There is not point in berating ourselves for it, but at the same time one ought to relise why we haver that state of things, and how we are encouraging that perpetuity of said status quo, whilst at the same time keeping in mind the global damage we are aiding and the diminuation of a future for the planet and, ergo, our legacy (our kids and their kids etc etc) hwo will have to pick up the pieces from our selfishness.

I havent spent quite that at tescos today, but i am shortly going to remedy that situation.:blushing::biggrin:

jeez Tom, its only going to a big shop, nothing more. I am not a Robot, i go because it sells stuff i want. Now if they would just have a swimming pool, and bowling alley and cinema in them then it would save me going another 15 miles lol. I spend my working life doing stuff for others and doing hundreds of little chores and repetative stuff, come the weekend i just want to chill and take the least stressfull option.

jeez Tom, its only going to a big shop, nothing more. I am not a Robot, i go because it sells stuff i want. Now if they would just have a swimming pool, and bowling alley and cinema in them then it would save me going another 15 miles lol. I spend my working life doing stuff for others and doing hundreds of little chores and repetative stuff, come the weekend i just want to chill and take the least stressfull option.

Haha i hear ya mate!! We are all exactly the same really (other than the yoghurt weaving hessian sack wearing hippy types:001_tongue:) I just think that we ought to not lose sight of the results of our actions.

None of my posting in this thread is meant to be denegrating or critical- I would be being truly hypocritical if I was casting aspersions.:biggrin::biggrin: