Northern climbing get together - South Lakes

Kev Stephenson

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

More Info

Date now confirmed as Saturday 4th September. I will be there from 10ish so anyone welcome from then on.

Directions

M6 Junction 36 and take the A65 towards Kendal. If you are coming off the M6 north then it is a right at the main roundabout on top of the M6 then a left at the smaller one.

Follow this road for approx 2 miles into Endmoor Village. There is a co-op on the right hand side, shortly after this (100m or so)there is a right turn signed Gatebeck were the village clock is. Take this turning (woodside Road) along the right hand side of the white house (NOT A 90 DEGREE RIGHT), follow this to the end.

At the end turn right over the narrow bridge to the give way and turn right again. Follow this for approximately 1/4 mile and take the first left you see. Follow this over the motorway, straight across the cross roads and round the various bends until the road levels out. Warth Woods is on the left hand side, turn in through the wooden gates there is ample parking at the bottom of the shingle track.

I will put up a load of Arbtalk signs on the various turn offs on the Saturday morning.

There is a toilet in the woods and I will light the BBQ provided the weather is OK. There are plenty of trees to climb, I might get the quad out, the canoes are available and there is loads of mushrooms and other fungi for the geeks.

Interest has been shown by

STS

UKMinch

Armchairarborist

Mozza

JPbeaver

SJH

Dean Lofthouse

Ian Leach

Penfold

Sparko

Lancsmike

18 Stoner

Stevie Blair ??

Rob Rainford

Pete McSarnie

An idea of numbers would be good and I will go to Asda and get a load of tea/coffee/chocolate/pop.

Any problems my number is 07867 784521

Kev

Looks like we're going to be away that weekend now Kev, but if the weather is bad i may still be able to get.

Not being critical, but your directions are a bit long winded. Is it possible to get there on sat nav from a postcode/address, or even put a link up on google maps? Just a thought fella:thumbup1:

Looks like we're going to be away that weekend now Kev, but if the weather is bad i may still be able to get.

Not being critical, but your directions are a bit long winded. Is it possible to get there on sat nav from a postcode/address, or even put a link up on google maps? Just a thought fella:thumbup1:

i thought you were just being a lazy satnav follower till i read the directions in full and then realised there was another paragraph of them.. :thumbup:

No postcode or address, the wood is in the middle of farming land. The reason for the long winded expanation is the only land marks once out of Endmoor are hedges, fields and sheep.

If someone can tell me how to give the electronic map reference for something like multimap then I will gladly do it but for an idea I have included a map showing the wood(red circle) and the motorway junction.

597657aa0b6a8_woodmap.jpg.c399e75f9520de3278c22b704b6fd658.jpg