Do Deer do Fung?

David Humphries

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like something form 'Jacobs Ladder'

Funny you say that, because Jacob's Ladder, just as the Holy Grail, Golden Fleece and Golden or Cosmic Egg (= primordia), also is the symbol of the Fly Agaric, by means of its entheogens or psycho-actives being the ladder making the way up to the gods up in heaven possible for the shaman or priest (pope) and their followers. See :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnvEHObMMH4]www.youtube.com[/ame]

and : Astrotheology and Shamanism : a review by Gerrit Keizer

Funny you say that, because Jacob's Ladder, just as the Holy Grail, Golden Fleece and Golden or Cosmic Egg (= primordia), also is the symbol of the Fly Agaric, by means of its entheogens or psycho-actives being the ladder making the way up to the gods up in heaven possible for the shaman or priest (pope) and their followers. See :

www.youtube.com

and : Astrotheology and Shamanism : a review by Gerrit Keizer

What's with the 'Fly Agaric' sweater that one of the Dutch guys on the Allegro 'Sacred Mushroom' interview, was wearing ?

Home made or from some bizzare Myco knitware emporium :lol:

Very interesting interview :001_smile:

Edited by Monkey-D

What's with the 'Fly Agaric' sweater that one of the Dutch guys on the Allegro 'Sacred Mushroom' interview, was wearing ?Home made or from some bizzare Myco knitware emporium :lol:.

The guys in the interview are Kees van Kooten and Wim de Bie, a famous Dutch couple of cabaret performers or comedians and founders of "Het Simplistisch Verbond" (The Simplistic Union), who interviewed Allegro as part of an entire evening on the Fly Agaric, broadcasted on television on Christmas Eve, 23 December 1976.

At the request of Allegro's daughter, the intro to and the part after ending the interview are not shown, because her father was unaware of their intentions, but as a historic "document" it's valuable to me (being the only guy possessing the entire footage), because of the end, in which Koot & Bie "discover", that the sound man, being sent by the a fanatic evangelical broadcasting company to sabotage the interview, had turned of the microphone during the interview and was therefore sentenced to 8 years of imprisonment on the Isle of Man, which of course at that time was a joke, but could have happened later after the influence of orthodox christians grew to the extent that they even were part of our administation with a minister for family issues.

• 6 months later...
Article from the weekend about dogs & fungi "Poisonous mushrooms flourishing in mild British weather kill pet dog"

David,

Only (young) dogs (as opposed to wolves, jackals and dingo's) raised by humans will eat wild mushrooms, of which they can't see the bright colours by the way, because they are not "taught" by their parents to stay away from food their digesting system can't cope with, as opposed to wild boars and red or roe deer eating truffles, because their parents do.

And that's why the Italians use dogs instead of pigs to search for the most expensive truffles.

Neither of the assumptions on people and/or (rein)deer drinking muscimol rich pee is correct.

On one of my visits to the north of Sweden, an old Sami man told me, that in the old days they consumed Fly Agarics as part of religious rituals and ceremonies performed and guided by shamans. While being under the influence of the entheogens (and alcohol), they fed Amanita muscaria to their reindeer to have a good laugh :lol: and out of curiosity to see the effects on reindeer, and they also "guided" them to the muscimol rich urine the Sami and their reindeer produced afterwards. The Sami stopped this practice, but the reindeer turned out to be hooked and kept and still are searching for Fly Agarics and their pee detected by smell, because (rein)deer have no or hardly any colour sight, so the "alarming" bright colours of mushrooms represent no warning signs to them.

The horsemen among the Siberian cossacks prepared for war by eating fresh or dried Fly Agarics, which made them more resistent to pain and suppressed feelings of anxiety :sneaky2: and when there was not enough "fruit" to be handed out, the foot soldiers drank the muscimol rich urine of the horsemen.

In the Swedish-Danish war at the beginning of the 19th century, the Swedish soldiers even were supplied with dried Amanita muscaria by their own gouvernment :001_rolleyes: .

The first part is the story I have been led to believe to be the case- the second-? didn't know that- Not sure how I would feel having magic mushrooms and being asked to fight- I think it would make me more anxious I guess:thumbdown:

David,

Only (young) dogs (as opposed to wolves, jackals and dingo's) raised by humans will eat wild mushrooms, of which they can't see the bright colours by the way, because they are not "taught" by their parents to stay away from food their digesting system can't cope with, as opposed to wild boars and red or roe deer eating truffles, because their parents do.

And that's why the Italians use dogs instead of pigs to search for the most expensive truffles.

Our family Jack Russell became "ill" this weekend after having had a walk across a heath.

Don't know if he ate anything in particular, but there are a number of fung fruiting in the grass.

He was sick for a few hours & shivering, but not quite enough to worry us to take him to the Vets.

If I had seen him eat a shroom I would of got him down there pronto.

He's 6 months old btw :001_rolleyes:

In reference to bright colours, surely A. phaloides is not particularly colourful in terms of warning ?