Bad Debtors.

An old tree surgeon in Sussex once used a novel tactic to get paid

He had supplied and fitted a large Christmas tree for an outside display in someones large garden. The tree was delivered, decorated and covered in Xmas lights (240v mains)

When the customer refused to pay - he went along with his saw and felled it complete with decs!

The customer paid up next day and then asked him to put the tree back up!!!!

Needless to say , he nearly became the Xmas fairy that sits on top of the tree - with where the TS told him he could stick the tree!!:lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go round and lean on them.. i had one guy who took the mickey, went round second time at agreed time to collect money to be told he was in bed and had no money, had to tell his missus that on non-payment this time i would be taking goods to the value of the debt from his possession, needless to say he immediately appeared with the money (after borrowing it from a neighbour). if they dont want to /cant pay they shouldnt have been stupid enough to ask for work doing..

I find, if you turn up on the doorstep and confront them face to face, the decent people are embarrassed they havent paid and get the payment straight away, if they dont then they do not deserve any respect, proceed with leagl action and leave the stress to the professionals!

Or - Nip round on your bike, some people are intimidated by lycra

Good thread Mick, i had a good one couple of weeks ago went and seen the job he was the landlord of said property, told me the spec he wanted as a new tenent was moving in soon ( i rushed the job through as he was a friend of a good mate of mine) shook hands on the price, done the job a few days later then phoned him up to tell him job was done. he replied " i never said go ahead with that job, im not paying you for something i did not want done!!!) then hung up, tried to to phone him back he had turned the phone off.

So ive had a bit of chasing him and eventually got the money through my mate who paid the debt as he set the job up, he says he will recoup the money eventually he was very sorry for the hassle i recieved.

Never had anyone do that before but im like most i bet and dont do an agreement contract.