Land Rover Winch

liamjordan

Im probably telling you what you already know, but for rolling logs a good way is to take the wire over the log and back to the vehicle. You can roll a log quite a long way and over all sorts too. There is a name for it but i can't remember it...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im probably telling you what you already know, but for rolling logs a good way is to take the wire over the log and back to the vehicle. You can roll a log quite a long way and over all sorts too. There is a name for it but i can't remember it...

"Parbuckling". At least that's what the Navy calls it.

12000 CTA 12V Winch

its pretty cheap, well its on offer, but the origonal price is pretty cheap still, used to be just under £300, they have just changed their whole website layout and it doesnt say now

i wouldnt rely on it for proper off roading, like what i do with it seems fine, winching a few trees, rolling logs, moving timber, pulling the landy out on occasion, so its not always doing heavy pulling, and i dont need it to :001_smile:

the picture on the website really doesnt do it justice, as you can see from the pics i've posted it does look a lot better in real life and is a look more robust than it looks on the site, its a good package, comes with winch, isolator switch, wireless remote controll and cable control, wire cable and hook, steel fairlead, and battery leads, but if you have a landy remember you'll need winch extension cables as the batterys under the seat, i got mine off the same site

2 x 3m Battery Extension Leads but i think they have gone up in price :confused1: i'll see if i can find the invoice

:thumbup:

thanks, now i have seen they have superwinch and that on their too i am very tempted by them.....

TBH I dont think warn have the edge over superwinch nowadays. In the 9000lb sort of range maybe, but once you get up to 12000lb or into hyd or PTO units superwinch seem to have the market share- certainly for the power utilities co's.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah we've got a "cant hook type thing" that we use for rolling big logs tried it with this winch and its great! basicly imagine the cant hook off a felling lever, made out of inch think scabby old rusty steel and about 12 - 15" long, great thing to have in your kit, i'll get a pic of it

like i said heres some pics, its a bit bigger than i first said :blushing: works amazing thooo

attachment.php?attachmentid=44043&stc=1&d=1281466473

attachment.php?attachmentid=44044&stc=1&d=1281466473

attachment.php?attachmentid=44045&stc=1&d=1281466473

Edited by liamjordan