Taxation for dummies

Kev Stephenson

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine because it is a mind altering drug.

I'm not saying alcohol isnt and I can see why many would want it banned but you cant say that because alcohol is ok to be legal so should cannabis imo.

Ive seen enough people affected by cannabis to know it isnt good, they dont see it that way though, just like alcoholics.

I would imagine because it is a mind altering drug.

I'm not saying alcohol isnt and I can see why many would want it banned but you cant say that because alcohol is ok to be legal so should cannabis imo.

Ive seen enough people affected by cannabis to know it isnt good, they dont see it that way though, just like alcoholics.

I'd say cannabis is less mind altering than alcohol :confused1:

I didnt say it wasnt if thats what you mean, I would possibly agree with you though.

Mind altering drugs have been used since the dawn of time and if it's ok for those tribel blokes in the far corners of the amazon jungle to use them it should be ok for my business account manager to use them when he reviews my overdraft facility

Mind altering drugs have been used since the dawn of time and if it's ok for those tribel blokes in the far corners of the amazon jungle to use them it should be ok for my business account manager to use them when he reviews my overdraft facility

:lol:

True.:thumbup:

Exactly ! :laugh1:

I agree, it is a mind altering Drug Mesterh and I'm not disputing that mate - what I am saying is the cases that you've seen I'd guess at the people abused Cannabis, ie wake up, roll a joint, its dinner time, roll a joint, its tea time, roll a joint - that isn't a healthy lifestyle both physiologically and psychologically.

On the negative effects though, it tends to be more psychologically motivated, you're right Alcoholics won't admit they have a problem just like Severe cases of cannabis abusers won't admit its a problem and they have a grip on the drug and that it isnt controlling them. With Cannabis it can cause psychosis ie severe paranoia, possible violence and so on but that is heavily played up in the Media to terrify people into thinking its a horrendous drug, it really isn't its just like having a pint after work, very safe and can be actually quite healthy IF.. its respected, but in a lot of cases I've encountered people do abuse it which is a shame, but its undermining the case for legalisation as well as forfeiting the true benefits of a very useful Plant.

You dont see many pub/club brawls (or should that be "Amsterdam coffee house" brawls) caused by cannabis.

Both smoking & drinking would not get licensed if you brought them out as a new thing today.

(I am a non smoker, non drug taker & limited drinker)

I spent a bit of time in Zandvoort Holland and while I was out on the town, I felt safe, the only hint of hooliganism I saw was two loud mouth brits sporting union jack shorts walking down the high street carrying a crate of beer between them singing out loud

I hate brits abroad