Royal Welsh show

Littletree

Just got back from a cracking week of climbing at the Royal welsh

Those 100 footers are just excellent fun . I thought it would be really hard but its not much different to the 80 footers but you do notice it just a little bit as you are getting to the bell:biggrin: .

There was some excellent climbing times on the 100 footers from the lads .

I came home with 3 first places and 1 second place so was delighted and am still beaming ear to ear .:thumbup:

My best 2 climbs were 24 and 26 seconds to the top 100 feet my worst was a poor 33 on the 100 . my best time ever on an 80 was at Harrogot at 15.06

Looking forward to the APF I have got lots of training to do to bring my times down into the 14 range as I want to catch up with the really fast lads and be hot on there heals .

See you all at the APF Newbury and maybe Pembroke.

Littletree:thumbup:

Wow, very impressive! I have never tried pole climbing but it looks like hard work. Well done!

Hi there Its the best fun ever .I got into it last year at Newbury and I am now completely dedicated to it . Getting up the pole is not hard work if you have a OK level of fitness the harder you train the easier it becomes.

Your time getting to the top drops very quickly only after a very few climbs . you can be starting at 2 minuets and be down to 30 seconds within one 3 day climbing event..

As you go with it you can then choose to take it to the next level if you want to .

To get good at it and hit really impressive time you need to climb at every show possible and keep your fitness up .

Hi there Its the best fun ever .I got into it last year at Newbury and I am now completely dedicated to it . Getting up the pole is not hard work if you have a OK level of fitness the harder you train the easier it becomes.

Your time getting to the top drops very quickly only after a very few climbs . you can be starting at 2 minuets and be down to 30 seconds within one 3 day climbing event..

As you go with it you can then choose to take it to the next level if you want to .

To get good at it and hit really impressive time you need to climb at every show possible and keep your fitness up .

You forgot to mention everyones obsession with thier PB times....must beat it. Oh and george 77yrs old does 30-40 seconds.

Bring it on Fiona!!!:laugh1: Tis was very close at Yorky between 2-4th 100ths of seconds. Toe spikes are nearly ready for construction then i need to play on them but will be bringing my 15 second side spikes for nathaniel to use too.:thumbup:

Yes it was so so close at Yorkshire it was fun all the way to the top . so pleased your toe spikes are coming along you will have amazing times in them .

Geroge did wonders on the 100 footers excellent stuff .

Looking forward to the APF its going to be a real run for it this time . My last climb against the welsh champ on handicap section I worked so so hard to get to that bell first I could here him coming up fast as light on the other pole . and was not sure if I was going to do it even with the big handycap .but I went like there was fire under my feet and went for it as hard as I could pull . I and just got it first it was very close but was just delighted it got me first place and some good prize money

I want to get my times down to the 14s so have got a months hard training to go get what I want .

You would of loved these 100 footers they are better then the 80s by far my big new strop I made was perfect for them . One pole was much fatter then the other but I like that pole better i had better times on it.

I belive there is 80s at the Pembroke show in Aug so may be going to that but its not a comp just a demo but more climbs the better .

See you at the

APF

Well as far as I can see its Pembrokeshire County show on 17th 18th 19th Aug . I belive they might have poles but not compleatly sure as when I was chatting to Andrew the orgniser of the RWS he did say there was one in Aug in Pembroke with poles but just as a demos not comps as such but he did not confirme dates with me so did some looking up and this is what I found but could find nothing on there about poles on the showground so will start doing some more digging.

Showground