parish councils

testcricket01

got approched by my local parish council, they had got a grant for 2grand to do work on and around village pond. they wanted a quote to fell all pops around the pond, so digger could get in to dig out all silt. i told them easiest way is just fell them and chip into the pond, then digger digs chip out along with silt and stack timber around pond so people take it for firewood from the village. gave them quote then and there they say thats very reasonable, left it with them, next day bump into guy who got them the grant (hes not on parish council) he says i got your quote and thats fine go ahead with it, so i booked it in for couple weeks while the pond was dryed up. only to get home and ive got a email from parish council saying they have had a quote for £110 cheaper can i match them. so i sent reply saying no i cant match them, basically thought good luck with them doing the whole job. already abit cheesed off with whole thing. i dig a little deeper. turns out the guy who i bumped into in tescos who had seen my quote had said ill do it for xxx amount. he must have already got go ahead to do it, but still said to me in tescos that im going to do job :confused1: work that one out. anyways few days later couple lads turn up at pond 3pm on a sunday in no gear :sneaky2: start up a generator to power there electric chainsaw in a pond :001_rolleyes: they didnt even get started cause people complained to them about noise. so in end everyone found this bloke out, hes got in a massive strop and chances are they will end up crawling back to me to do a proper job. but some people really get my goat who do things like that :sneaky2:

Had similar, if they come back and ask if you can do the job let them know you are available but your circumstances have changed so you will need to re-quote:thumbup:

You will be suprised, you will be able to put up your price, and they will still go for YOU!:thumbup1:

Had similar, if they come back and ask if you can do the job let them know you are available but your circumstances have changed so you will need to re-quote:thumbup:

You will be suprised, you will be able to put up your price, and they will still go for YOU!:thumbup1:

was thinking along those lines my self of saying well for messing me about its gone up to such amount, but i think if they come back to me ill just do it and get on with it since i live in same village dont wanna make to many more enemys :lol: