free trees

ad15

This whole Velvet campaign makes me chuckle - a complete marketing gimmick if ever I heard one. 3 trees for every one used is a fairly poor ratio - the estate for whom I sub contract plant approx 18 for every one felled. 3 doesn't even begin to cover planting failure and thinning to final crop.

Whatever dupes the public though, eh?! :lol:

Fair play to them for handing out free trees though. Since Joe Public will be planting them in the most ridiculous of places, it will ensure lots of tree work for the next generation! :thumbup:

I ordered a pine, got to love the smell.

ive just orded 1 of each member of the house Ill wait and see what happens

T&C's state that there is only one per household alloted.

Hope you still get them through though.

I've just ordered a few as pressies for friends kids to plant, think it's a great idea to get the public thinking about sustainability even at this level :thumbup1:

Advice on planting is obviously form someone who knows what their talking about.

Bet they paid someone like Tony Kirkham to advise.

Good post Ad

An outfit called Mycorrhizal Systems who produce saplings inoculated to produce truffles have a programme providing free trees to schools (not inoculated ones though) I had them send some trees to our kids school as they've been doing a lot of stuff about woodlands and growing vegetables and have a Woodland Trust Green Tree Schools gold award, and a RHS Benchmark Scheme Level 4 award. It's only a small local primary school, so they're pretty chuffed with their results!

Anyway, they were very pleased with the trees from the truffle people, and have planted them in their expanding woodland area. They also got their pics in the Mycorrhizal newsletter - fame at last! If you have young kids and their school does this sort of stuff I'd recommend looking them up!

Here you go - http://www.mycorrhizalsystems.com/trees-schools-update Our daughter is in charge by the looks of the pic!

Andy

Edited by County4x4

This whole Velvet campaign makes me chuckle - a complete marketing gimmick if ever I heard one. 3 trees for every one used is a fairly poor ratio - the estate for whom I sub contract plant approx 18 for every one felled. 3 doesn't even begin to cover planting failure and thinning to final crop.

Whatever dupes the public though, eh?! :lol:

yup it IS a marketing campaign, but it's not saying it is anything else!! :001_rolleyes:

it's a free tree... simple as that,,,:thumbup:

BE happy rather than cynical!1:001_tt2:

Hope you used different computers!

"If a participant's computer is believed to be being used to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'script' or 'brute force', that person's application will be disqualified and the person will also be banned from any future participation in similar activities by the promoter."

It won't take a lot of doing to check IP addresses and so on - or their system may even flag up cases where a single IP has submitted more than one application.

Having said that it also says one application per household - so you may be okay!

Andy