Hardwood

Styx

Hi everyone, my first post!!

I found this site via google. I am looking to save a bit of cash by buying some hardwood and splitting it myself. Is there anyone here that would sell and deliver a cord of hardwood to me? My usual log supplier is not keen to do this. I live just on the outskirts of Norwich. Let me know the cost and I will get back to you.

Thanks

John

The way to buy round timber for firewood is by the tonne, and most timber merchants wont be interested in anything less than a full artic load, 25 tonne ish, or a full 8 wheeler load, 20 tonne ish.

Expect to pay £38-45 plus vat per tonne for hardwood thinnings. Little bit less for larger diameter material.

Best thing for you to do imo would be to pick up the yellow pages and give the local tree lads a call asking if they will sell you some.

What they will want is somewhere they can easily tip a van load off quickly with no messing about.

Unless you get some response from here obviously.:001_smile:

Best thing for you to do imo would be to pick up the yellow pages and give the local tree lads a call asking if they will sell you some.

What they will want is somewhere they can easily tip a van load off quickly with no messing about.

Unless you get some response from here obviously.:001_smile:

Thanks now got 2 local guys that are interested in helping me out.

Thanks

Stxx