where are the cheapest stihls?

munkymadman

there is absolutely nothing a dealer or stihl could say to complain about this as you'd be doing nothing wrong at all,,

same as buying an ipod in america and sending it to uk..

and stihl would still need to honour the warranty too...

Actually you are wrong ady. Stihl have a BS policy that if you sell saws to someone who then sells them on even without your knowledge, and they are not a 'licenced' seller by stihl, the original seller has 3 chances and they lose their licence to sell stihl. They also have spies all over the world checking this does not happen. A very well known supplier on this website has almost fallen foul of this, losing one of their 3 strikes last year.:001_smile:

watch if you are taking your saws in to oz they are immaculate clean as they are very anal about contamination from outside sources, if the saw is covered in sawdust they may confiscate it. get it used then scrub it with detergent.

good luck if you are moving there, wonderfull place.:thumbup1:

watch if you are taking your saws in to oz they are immaculate clean as they are very anal about contamination from outside sources, if the saw is covered in sawdust they may confiscate it. get it used then scrub it with detergent.

good luck if you are moving there, wonderfull place.:thumbup1:

hmm point taken last time i freighted just my climbing bag over, they asked was it clean i said yes (otherwise they were going to blast it with radiation), luckily i wasn't questioned even though it had a fair bit of saw dust in it.

in reference to selling on the saws, they'd be for personal use so it wouldn't be an infringement on any law.

but surely you can legally sell second hand equipment privately.

Hey now Jake, sorry I missed you last time round fella.

If saws are for personal use, can't see why you would need to get them dirty and risk running foul of Oz's strict pests and diseases border controls, having them covered in sawdust and tree sap. Presumably you would be OK if you had fueled them up and ran them for a bit to make sure they worked first, that kind of "contamination" should be acceptable, so long as you don't use bio chain oil, then empty the tanks & pack them up inside your vehicle, pack vehicle in container.

Why not have a word with the Australian Embassy to find out for certain what will/won't pass Ozzy customs beady eyes.

No probs at all selling 2nd hand kit privately in Oz, just could'nt sell on your new saws to a private 3rd party and tell them that they are covered by Stihl warranty.

As to where to buy, I would have thought you could get a better price in Germany where they're made, rather than the hassle of shipping them from the UK or elsewhere to Austria. But like all things best to shop around and do a cost comparison.

Have you thought about asking Gerthardt, I would of thought that OBF would get a very competitive discount from a local Stihl dealership. See if he can "have a word" and put you in touch with their supplier.

Likewise, as Alex's offer, if you need an assist in the UK, give us a shout I'd be happy to help out if I can.

Regards to Tegan, and a big high five to the other gays, Hobbit; Dav-la and Daimo.

Take care man.

Tricky