How long would you wait?

Tom D

I have lost a few jobs recently because I am quite busy and am taking around six weeks from quoting to working. People see other guys working just get them in. How long are you guys booked up for? and has any body got any tips for keeping people sweet while they wait.

i try to keep them informed of expected start dates and try to be realistic without fobbing them off

5 weeks ago i told a customer approx 7 to 8 weeks away and rang him on sat with an eexpected date of 2 weeks on thursday and i think he was glad as he had been wondering

Not really, but if I am that busy, I tell people when they first ring up. "I'll come and look at it, but I'll tell you now that it will be at least six weeks before I can do the work. Will that be a problem?"

Weeds a few out without even a single site visit.

And if they seem a bit unsure about waiting, then you can trot out the old chestnut about not eating in empty restaurants etc.

Not really, but if I am that busy, I tell people when they first ring up. "I'll come and look at it, but I'll tell you now that it will be at least six weeks before I can do the work. Will that be a problem?"

Weeds a few out without even a single site visit.

And if they seem a bit unsure about waiting, then you can trot out the old chestnut about not eating in empty restaurants etc.

Spot on Peter :icon14: