tec cert

Glen Poole

Hiya, just to share with everyone on the site i've just sat the written exams for the tec cert & i'm pretty happy & slightly confident with the answers i gave in the exam questions so fingers crossed, should find out in 3 or 4 weeks.:biggrin: anyway now it's time to have my life back again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those (including myself) who are interested in this qualification, would you be prepared to describe how you found the whole process? What was actually involved? An example of your exam questions?

Out of interest, what direct effect will completing the tech cert have on your employment/business?

I have looked into it, but it would be interesting to hear first hand experience.

Doug

For those (including myself) who are interested in this qualification, would you be prepared to describe how you found the whole process? What was actually involved? An example of your exam questions?

Out of interest, what direct effect will completing the tech cert have on your employment/business?

I have looked into it, but it would be interesting to hear first hand experience.

Doug

I guess i'll try to answer this then:laugh1: Tech cert entry level to being a survey/consultant. It differs imo from the degree because it seemed very keyed up towards writing reports in the main. Buisness wise it allows you to write mortage reports, bs5837 surveys, management plans, condition surverys etc, etc. Just another string to your bow really, allows you to do things some tree companys cannot. Although i have PI insurance for a while and this years was the only time i was asked for proof of relevent qualifications to do this work.:biggrin:

Exams wise well you've got 3 papers the hardest is normally paper 3 'the law' i think paper 1 was 'tree physiology' and off the top of my head think paper 2 was 'managment'. Managment day was ident - trees,pest and fungi. 5837 survey, tree conditon survey, woodland survey, with questions relevent to each topic too which made 25% of the overall mark of the unit.

May of missed something but it was 5 years ago i did the exams. :001_rolleyes: