Quotes over the phone.

Mesterh

i have done jobs blind loads of times, never lost out yet.

i did one last week, when i saw it i would of easy asked double if i had seen it,

Are still saying that to charge half what a job is worth is acceptable?

Thats exactly why i wont do it, you can get caught out.

If i turned up to a job and thought it should have been twice as much as i quoted, I'd be gutted.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am just saying pricing is usually done on what we think its worth not how much it costs us to do, that job used up approx 3 hrs, 20 mile round trip and 15 mins of chainsaw fuel and it was £200, and i just add it onto my weeks earnings, then it is thrown into my years earnings, i have days where i make a lot more so it evens itself up. The job was for a land agent that is in charge of millions of trees and that was the first job i had done for them, i may never get another job from them but they emailed me a picture and said when and how much, i told them it will be a minimum of £200 plus vat, they said go for it, when i got there it looked diferent but i thought , lets just get it done, i had no signal to contact the guy so i just got on with it, while i was there i got an order for £300 worth of logs from a fisherman and enjoyed cutting down the tree, the company now know if they want something done asap with no messing them i am the man. I would never take on a job that could cripple me, how much work can 1 tree be with no targets and nothing off site? job done cheque in the post:thumbup1:

i wasnt meaning a shrink, i just meant a course or a class at college.:laugh1:

Shhhhh dont say that out loud mate.

If the training NPTC boys see that they will be conjuring up all sorts of new units.

CS60-How to deal with customers over the phone.

:laugh1: