Oil rigs

tractor dave

I did'nt work offshore due to commitments at home but from what i gather from guys that did conditions were not bad considering where you are,money is good altho i suppose that depends a lot on what job your doing,hours long as its usually at least 2 wks on then 2 off altho some stay on longer than that,and you need to do offshore survival course before you can go on.

Hi guys, well i was wondering if all rigs run on the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off system? I see the best way to start is as an roustabout man, is promotion quite a quick thing on oil rigs? And last of all whats the best way to get noticed/employed by an oil compny?

Any info would be great, thanks :)

Dave.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.