hamadryads foray september 18th 2010

I will get a grid lock reference on the car park soon, so its easy to get to, plenty of space, and its secure or at the least safe for the vehicles, there is a tea and hot food hut in the park hence the starting point! and we can go up past a massive sweet chestnut after a quick look at the Oak with perenniporia, we can then do the group shot at the big old sativa, then go on to several sites I have already got worked out.

gauranteed finds will be trametes gibbosa, trametes versicolour, stereum hirsutum, perenniporia fraxinea on beech and oak, lots of coprinus var some beautiful daedaleopsis confrogosas, most likely a variet of pholiots, possibly some grifola fingers crossed and with any luck plenty of fistulina, the obvious ganodermas applanatum and adspersum/australe, lots of Kretschmaria duesta well that should be enough! but there will be others for certain, the one i most hope we find is tremella foliacea on its fungal host stereum hirsutum

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, no your right too, but im thinking the nice one in the grove!

remember i said I hadnt seen it IN the wood? I had forgtten when i shot that micro little black fungi in a soup like remains of a beech, that had a decayed old pfifferi on it!

And that perenniporia on the beech is re layering, look stunning by the time we foray it! wicked timing!

Cassiobury Park Whippendell Wood

This link will give you all the details youll need to find us in the park.

10am, for those that hate early starts! I will be there early, to get a few locations in before you all arrive!

its going to be a good day, just dont expect me to know EVERYthing you see! lol

and dont be afraid to ask about photography! though youll start me off and wish you had never asked! just ask david!

• 2 weeks later...

So its nearly time, it may be wet!

Its on rain or shine, lets see what your all made of!

There is a hotdaog/burger bar where you can buy tea/coffee, chocalate etc will be starting off near to it for a cuppa to get us started, might be easier on the legs to bring a packed lunch though, though I will gladly take you back down to the bar at lunchtime if you so wish, (begrudgingly)!

I dont know when a good time to finish is, maybe 3.30 4pm? but anyone wishing to tag along with me after this time to visit a rather special beech with G. pfiefferi and meripilus as well as some vet ash up to 5 metres circumference youll be more than welcome.

Dont forget your cameras, plenty of batteries and memory and a waterproof jacket!

look forward to seeing you all saturday.

So tommorows the day, i cant flippin wait, its going to be soooo much fun.

Ive pinched a couple of beauties and stuck them in the boot of the car too!

anyone struggling to find the location, ring me on (tony) or hama, whatever you prefer.

07952 948202 I will be up late swatting up, so dont be shy if you want to ring!

Have a great day! Sorry I won't be there. Please take loads of photos!

Now what on earth makes you think were going to be taking lots of photos?:lol:

dont worry, there will be a thread special just for those who missed it, if it all goes well it will become a regular thing anyways so plenty of time paul, plenty of time.:thumbup: