Looking for a Tractor Forwarder

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just off the phone to the owner, you could either fix a something to the butt plate, the arms are rated for 5 ton or take the plate off and fix something to the tractor.

Could probably get a hole cut in the plate with a blanking cover made, and an extension on trailer drawbar or pickup and use it like that.. I'm guessing it would be better to have the trailer mounted to the tractor itself rather than all the weight on the arms. Having said that I guess the butt plate would come off easily enough.

Do you know if she has a PTO etc Stevie??

pto drives the winches matt, nose weight on a 12ton load of timber on a bogey shouldnt be more than half a ton from what i have heard matt, everything can be addapted if you get the right guys to do the work, Mr Watt will be the man once again to set it up for you. The Mb is imaculate Matt, and built for wrestling BIG timber, the front loader lifts 3 ton easy.

pto drives the winches matt, nose weight on a 12ton load of timber on a bogey shouldnt be more than half a ton from what i have heard matt, everything can be addapted if you get the right guys to do the work, Mr Watt will be the man once again to set it up for you. The Mb is imaculate Matt, and built for wrestling BIG timber, the front loader lifts 3 ton easy.

Sounds a nice machine... Jim would be the guy to sort out the trailer and connection etc.

Would you say she'd be good in Birch thinnings?? I'd hope to put something like a 9-10t capacity trailer behind her..

She'd be the mutts nutts for skidding out telegraph poles too... infact, it ticks most of my boxes.

it depends on the woods Matt, if there is room to manouvere then it will do the job, its a skidder that can handle a big trailer or even a chipper if set up right. You can make any bit of kit do the job if its all you have but you have a good steady thing going with the telegraph poles and it can do 50mph so covering an area like you do wont be a problem

I've already got Jim on the case Stevie... as far as I'm aware he is on holiday until Tuesday..

If you are heading over anyway, a wee nosey would be appreciated.

I think Jim can sort us a trailer no bother, it's just finding the right tractor and getting guarding/belly plates fitted etc.

Last time I spoke to him he was going on the hunt for a good unit for me... will see what he comes up with when he gets back from his travels!!

Yep he's on Holiday till Tuesday :001_smile:

I had a kesla on order from jim but i cancelled it for the botex instead.Wilsons were alot cheaper matt and they could supply it sooner as i needed it in a hurry.I think the roof mount is a better option though because you've still got the crane to move stuff out the way or stack when your winching.Good luck with your search and hope you get something as trusty as ours has been:001_smile: