FAO Hama, MonkeyD and other hippy treehuggy types

Andy Collins

Thank you Tony, very useful information. I think my first course of action will be to get my TO on site, and given his knowledge of veterans I suspect he will be advising much the same as yourself. Had the park fencing not been in the equation, I think the tree could have been left to its own devices, with the inevitable demise as a result.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I forgot to say i have got one worse than that where people walk. I had Eastwoods in and they cut back all the major limbs so all the weight is on the trunk. She soon grew a nice new crown.

Yesterday i took 35 people round on a guided walk and showed them this tree they could not believe how good it looked. Most people would have felled it:thumbdown:

great pic tony, i love the simple names that make so much sense, i will remeber that

Ditto that, normally I'm in the "fell it!!" camp but this is a different story for me, part of my "awakening" maybe, trying to embrace this new-fangled arbor-ecology stuff, hence directing the questions to Hama, Dave &Co! Top opinions, thanks:001_smile:

Glad to here andy and stephen!

after all, how dull would the tree stock of our fair land be if thes echaracters all dissapeared?

They need us, despite some folk claiming they arent cying out for our help!

They tell us in thier own way what they need, just some folk choose to remain ignorant blind and deaf!

If she is folding at the edges, she needs lightening, rods will help but, also increase stresses at certain points.

If you see a dip in one side of the cavity wall and a corresponding bulge as near as dam it opposite on the opossing wall she is failing by "hose pipe kinking" and the only real solution is to lighten her loads and give the walls a chance to thicken in keeping with the stress.

The body language of the formations should be the guide always.

Tony, You do spout some rubbish sometimes but you do have your uses. I do admire the way you often pick up on things others dont, by looking at the wider picture:thumbup: