myerscough Need students

Tom2020

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know your trying to help and get the course filled but without the jobs at the end its not worth it to the students tbh.

Why should you expect a collage to find you work?

Its their job to teach you, and give you and the industry the skills required.

it is YOUR personal job to find and aquire work, and it is out there for those that are willing to apply themselves, but for those that expect others to do the work for them, it will always be difficult.:sneaky2:

Why should you expect a collage to find you work?

Its their job to teach you, and give you and the industry the skills required.

it is YOUR personal job to find and aquire work, and it is out there for those that are willing to apply themselves, but for those that expect others to do the work for them, it will always be difficult.:sneaky2:

We got told BY THE COLLEGE that they would find us a placement We where also looking on the side. We where told that the college would have a better chance of finding us a placement then us ringing around but we rang helped our self like you have said and still no luck.

.....I go by its always better to have help then struggle...

We got told BY THE COLLEGE that they would find us a placement We where also looking on the side. We where told that the college would have a better chance of finding us a placement then us ringing around but we rang helped our self like you have said and still no luck.

I get your point, and im sure you got mine too.

If there was only one thing i would teach if I was given the ask, is self reliance, cos nobody but you can get done, what you want done.

I get your point, and im sure you got mine too.

If there was only one thing i would teach if I was given the ask, is self reliance, cos nobody but you can get done, what you want done.

Yh i do and do agree with u

If the college guaranteed you a placement that was reckless indeed.

The colleges are aware how difficult it is to make placements for the more advanced students.

The logistics of placing 15 to 20? Very green students, most of whom are reliant on public transport in a limited geographical area is a job I don’t envy.

Only the keenest will thrive

Yell.com lists 198 companies within 25 miles of Liverpool and 192 within 25 miles of Preston. Clearly there will be some overlap and not all companies will be up for taking placements but I think there are enough there to go at.

Without wishing to go all “Monty Python”, when I got my start in tree work I had a walk then a bus ride of 50 minutes each way till I did this till I scraped together the money to buy and insure a banger, which meant living like a hermit for a while and selling personal possessions. By comparison my last FD placement student tried to tell me he would be starting later because of the bus times.

Having help is good but what doesn’t kill you makes you harder and the best person to help you is YOU.

Companies receive unsolicited CV’s regularly. I have seen them range from a well presented right down to SMS in text speak that I had to get my nephew to translate.

I can say of the DOZENS I have received not one followed up the first contact with a phone call. You are selling yourself, get a good CV together, mail it out then follow that up the next day with a brief phone call “just to make sure it got to you”. PM me if you want help with that.

Andy