Kit bags, Which one to go for??

egs

guy who taught rigging course at craven college, think his name was phil lowe or something, makes ace bags in loads of different sizes out of waterproof thick material, he trades under 'lowe maintainance' and they are exellent quality.. if anyone has his number i'd love to get some more from him.. mine holds rope harness helmet etc krabs throwline and strops, with large opening pockets, bright orange too. i'l pop up a piccie if i can find one

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

husky ones are far too big anyway, bigger they are, the more tempted you are to overfill them. My gilert has everything i need and more, harness, helmet etc all fit in nicely. really heavy duty.

top shelf in middle. Im well impressed with mine, and like i said lifetime guarantee against defaults, for £29.99??? cant go wrong.:thumbup:

Don't get too excited about lifetime gaurantee!!

I think "lifetime" can mean anything the manufactorer wants it to mean. It certainly does not mean "lifetime of the person who buys it". Its a made up term that has no real meaning.

My Karrimor rucksak that I bought in 1988 had a lifetime gaurantee, its completely battered now, do you think they would give me a new one?

Recently bought a bag from these guys on recomendation for a very tough, waterproof and easily transported bag;

Tackle Bag 200 TPDB : Buy Online From Caving Supplies Ltd!

Theres a whole range of these tackle bags designed to survive caving expo's and they are very good value for what you get. You can get pretty much any size or colour for your needs too.

Don't get too excited about lifetime gaurantee!!

I think "lifetime" can mean anything the manufactorer wants it to mean. It certainly does not mean "lifetime of the person who buys it". Its a made up term that has no real meaning.

My Karrimor rucksak that I bought in 1988 had a lifetime gaurantee, its completely battered now, do you think they would give me a new one?

I agree with Rupe. A lifetime guarantee is a guarantee for life against manufacturing faults and defects. If it has been well used and has lasted well, in the opinion of a lay person, if it then falls apart, you wont be entitled to a new one.

Thats about it! It can mean lifetime of the product, so if after 10-20 years its worn out then the lifetime of the product has expired.

In the case of Karrimor, the company has been sold at least twice since then and the brand is now owned by Lonsdale who are selling karrimor gear cheap in many of there highstreet chav stores. Anyway they do not recognise the old gaurantees. and karrimor as a company does not exist.

Is Gelert an actual company or just a brand name? Who would actually honor the gaurantee? And in 10 years who would honour it?