new spikes

burrell_

i phoned HONEYBROTHERS yesterday to buy a new pair off spikes. phoned them at about 10.30 and decided to buy the Distel Gecko-Carbon Spurs.

got a knock on the door about 8 the morning and got handed my new spikes.

what a service thats less than 24hours

distel.jpg.49cba81f90d961f9827053e7327b6e37.jpg

597656116c4a3_distel(1).jpg.30cd22cf7475a1067f11ecfd0db8c549.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice blokes at work who went to Capel have been talking about them ever since and they're opinions have been realy good considering geting some myself.

the problem with shiny shiny new things is that it comes with a shiny shiny big price but i had a look at them at capel and they are lite:thumbup1:

the problem with shiny shiny new things is that it comes with a shiny shiny big price but i had a look at them at capel and they are lite:thumbup1:

Unless the blokes I work with got it wrong they said 200 quid list price I think, not sure what make or even how many makes of carbon there are just relaying what I heard

not used them yet i like the shiney look:001_smile:

i will be using them on sat. i got feed up with feeling like i had to weld my old ones to me legs so got some advice from them and listened to people that have used them on hear. iv put them on and they do feel comfortable

Best spikes i've used... aluminium ones are just as good too

The aluminium Gecko's are a little more tolerant to taking a few steps on a hard surface with the spikes on. The Carbon frame is a little fragile. I've seen a pair that has suffered quite a bit of damage at the base. In my opinion, not worth the few ounces of saved weight and the higher price.

Possibly, though, I'm just envious :001_tongue: