sundays big job

armchairarborist

the true horror unfolds.. nothing had got as far as the inside of the filter, was due anyway haha, well spotted with the spare bfg my eagle eyed friend:thumbup1:, just nipped in for some food then back out with the ramps to clean underneath and check levels in diff's, gbox and transfer box-and to make sure theres no water in them.. yes would be easier/better job with a big steamcleaner but mine caught fire years ago when some idiot filled the burner tank with petrol instead of diesel:blushing:

5976560c4f6a4_d3010.jpg.4a8780ce8a226aa613433943d9c14e5a.jpg

5976560c4a86f_d3005.jpg.35bc4cf65364e000af7e4fc6988843ca.jpg

5976560c45340_d3004.jpg.69501aa6d81ad56624737e7fc629ffef.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the true horror unfolds.. nothing had got as far as the inside of the filter, was due anyway haha, well spotted with the spare bfg my eagle eyed friend:thumbup1:, just nipped in for some food then back out with the ramps to clean underneath and check levels in diff's, gbox and transfer box-and to make sure theres no water in them.. yes would be easier/better job with a big steamcleaner but mine caught fire years ago when some idiot filled the burner tank with petrol instead of diesel:blushing:

Looking alot better now mate.:biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Ed, I'd also have a spare alternator on standby mate, they go not long after abusing them by submerging in muddy water :biggrin:

so the alternator lasted a whole week and then just as dean said.. it died, went to get it overhauled (usually £40) the guy had a brand new one waiting for me for only £35! thought it was a bit cheap price but not complainin, had to spend £117. on re-coring the rad too as i jetwashed it a tad too enthusiastically.

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i did it on saturday but thought id post here for continuity.. transfer box rear oil seal has been leaking for a week or two, managed to salvage the shoes and clean the drum, new oil seal and locknut (old one was loose-nylock dead) adjusted up and handbrake works good at last..:thumbup:

59765664da3b4_pulley038.jpg.23c2ee0c4f92ce21076e92be02262b9b.jpg

59765664d703d_pulley024.jpg.b7d3c93eeb3cb367f53993f94a39df8b.jpg