Allowable Expenses

Dean Lofthouse

Lol this is most definitely fraud. :001_smile:

You could also tell him to write blag invoices out for uneeded work ie someone charged him 2k to service machines, 1k to jet wash his yard, 30k for subbie work etc.:thumbup1:

no, not really....you can claim for so much of it, ask your accountant,

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mate of mine buys booze by the case and pays for restraunt meals through the business and writes it off as entertainment and gifts for customers....................even though it was all for him, same for partys etc, hotel rooms, weekends away

So its not for his customers then like he claims!

So its not for his customers then like he claims!

yeah, i remembered that after i wrote it, but the wife had me tea ready.

what i ment is its allowable if you are entertaining customers, obviously he takes the pss.

hotels are allowed if on a business trip too inc arb shows

yeah, i remembered that after i wrote it, but the wife had me tea ready.

what i ment is its allowable if you are entertaining customers, obviously he takes the pss.

hotels are allowed if on a business trip too inc arb shows

So basically; it's allowable if it isn't fraud? :confused1:

So basically; it's allowable if it isn't fraud? :confused1:

mate of mine buys booze by the case and pays for restraunt meals through the business and writes it off as entertainment and gifts for customers....................even though it was all for him, same for partys etc, hotel rooms, weekends away

ALL FOR HIM = fraud

him and customers = not fraud

you can go out for a meal with a customer and put it through the books, its entertaining for business relationships...etc

you can buy booze for the same purpose, and trips away (business related) arb shows, seminars etc

as i have just bought a couple of fungi ident books, im wondering can you put books through the books? as they are helping you become better at what you do, therefore making your business more money. or is that a long shot

Yeh, should be fine to put through.:thumbup1:

if it's related to your work you can claim it.

books on trees, claim it.

educational dvd's, claim it.

gym membership - can't claim it. (it's deemed indivisable from personal)

flyers / signs on your vehicle - claim it

aa membership - claim it

est arb mag - claim it.

when i was a care worker and took my dog to work he was great with the kids - the accountant said i could claim 50% of all his food and vets bills

Things you buy that you can relate to business are quite obvious and I claim for them already.

What I am after is the less obvious non purchase, in other words things you do not need to provide a receipt for or allowances such as the allowance of £5k for the wife to have a part in running the business.

..and such as the wear and tear on the washing machine if thats a genuine one :biggrin: