Watchdog.

Hodge

I gave a quote to a guy to remove 2 connys and remove waste and grind out the stumps on wednsday. I gave a price which accepted. He calls me on Friday asking what happens to the stump? will it be left to rot ? are we using poison to kill it? is there a hole?. He said he wanted to check after watching watchdog.

not sure if that programs portrayed our trade fairly.:confused1::confused1:

I gave a quote to a guy to remove 2 connys and remove waste and grind out the stumps on wednsday. I gave a price which accepted. He calls me on Friday asking what happens to the stump? will it be left to rot ? are we using poison to kill it? is there a hole?. He said he wanted to check after watching watchdog.

not sure if that programs portrayed our trade fairly.:confused1:

Whats your problem:confused1:

You can say you are grinding the stump, as recommended by the show, NOT put slots in it with the saw and pour oil on it like that numb-nut Stanly:thumbdown: (putting oil on a stump will preserve it for years:001_rolleyes:)

On the show the bloke claimed he was putting 'SBK' on the stump.

The SBK you buy now is a completety different product to the SBK cocktail of chemicals that was sold up until a couple of years back.

The new stuff is to be applied mixed with water.

The old stuff was to be applied mixed with a small amount of oil or parrafin, mainly to get it to stick to the stump.

Another one of the guy's tricks with the oil, the punter can see its been 'treated'.

Modern water based SBK will dry up fairly soon same as Roundup, and unless the customer saw you mix it and apply it, they wouldn't really know if the stump was treated or not.

I t5hink its perfectly acceptable, and has been said, good that questions are being asked. Really good in fact. Your customer doesnt know you from adam, and is perfectly within their rights to ask such things after seeing such a program. It can only be a good thing TBH- you can answer with head held high that the job will be done right.....could a pikey?