staying lithe

bareroots

What are other folks methods of staying lithe and nimble?

I've always found swimming to be the best way to loosen up. Better then a massage (but not as nice:biggrin:).

Stretching & Yoga to prevent injury in the first place.

But here's a new one I've found a while ago. Any of you come across a vibration plate. Fantastic. Sorted my wifes back out and strenghtened mine. Can't recommend enough. Leaves a real good feel good factor as well, also work out in a fraction of the time of a traditional gym (which I hate) with a whole host of other benefits... :thumbup:

Whole-body vibration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whole-body vibration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Performance Evaluation | Therapeutic & Health Benefits | Stimulates Recovery | Blood Muscle Volume | Muscular Performance, & Balance | Power Plate

I train every day so I can be an old ass climber.

What do you do Butch run, weights, what?

When ever I have tried both work and training I get injured. Last time it happened I decided no more.

I do five miles a day on my days off and three when I work. On my long day, the first mile is dumbell work while walking. I have 4 routines that I cycle - biceps - triceps - shoulders - traps. That's about all one can do while on a treadmill. I do 10 sets of 20 reps for each muscle group. Today is triceps day. I never miss a 5 mile workout, but I will skip the 3 miler if I'm too tired from working.

I use 30, 40, and 50 lb dumbells. I do around 5 sets of 100 reps ab work daily.

RCO, you need to clear your mailbox.

this job does more harm to your body than good, if you want to keep injury to a minimum then get to the gym and strengthen certain your body, i suffered a sore back from the age of 20-34, every day was a struggle to get going and i went to an ostio at least once a month, since joinig the gym 6 months ago and going 3 times a week i have now been pain free for nearly 3 months. I am not any diferent to look at but i am so much stronger and fitter. I am finding jobs easier and my life is so much better for it, it is part of my life now but i have an excellent trainer at the gym who keeps me right, i have now sorted out my diet in the last week and this has made a huge diference, i have had no lows in energy and no feeling of bloatedness as i only eat small meals. I got a lot of great tips from guys on here.