Approved Contractor - review

AA Teccie (Paul)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Paul

Although H&S has its place, it is indeed sweet music to have less of it.

H&S is too much form filling without achieving treework goals, the same culture that is, arguably, the malaise of this very nation itself. You know I want you to check out our fantastic treework.

I'm actually answering the previous posts about RAs as much as talking to you paul.

ok the biggest problem with it is that for 5 or less than employees you dont need it, and when you do try to carry out ra with small firms, trying to implement best practice as set by possible generic contents of AA ra, it is seriously time consuming and boils down to the cost benefit analysis of it all again,

ok the biggest problem with it is that for 5 or less than employees you dont need it, and when you do try to carry out ra with small firms, trying to implement best practice as set by possible generic contents of AA ra, it is seriously time consuming and boils down to the cost benefit analysis of it all again,

We are a team of four, EVERY job gets a written SSRA, and signed by all four of us, designated firstaider/rescuer the works, it takes no more than TEN MINUTES!:thumbup1:

i do it to, but i use the set form and generic of the aa scheme,its a ball ache to do the backstage stuff, but it would appear that they have covered it pretty well and is all basically just a legal requirement of hs act, petrol storage pesticide signing afag guides etc,

i do it to, but i use the set form and generic of the aa scheme,its a ball ache to do the backstage stuff, but it would appear that they have covered it pretty well and is all basically just a legal requirement of hs act, petrol storage pesticide signing afag guides etc,

well mate, thats what the big space to the side of that form is for "ad:001_huh:ditonal comments!"

does your company use there own set generic to suit there set up or did it addapt to try and operate to the aa set generic, i presume you use the same form set up, it does seem to be the only simple solution

THATS WHY IT WAS DESIGNED! to make it simple, why change a perfectly adequate eficient system?

loads of tick boxes for day to day, with loads of additional comments space for "SPECIFIC" risks:thumbup:

I do all the usual tickety ticky in the boxes, all the relevants to the days work, then i look at the scene and say in the additional comments box what site specific risks there is, unusualy braod canopy, damp day, special atention to rope points and secondary anchors to avoid pendulum swings for example.

or loose slabs on patio, caution on dragiing brash. etc etc etc water course habitat, Wiels disease etc etc etc