For a tree surgeon to trade legally, he should...

bareroots

Probably. Its up to the client to ask for insurance docs. YP ads are not declarations of truth are they? You only need to talk to a YP sales rep to know that.

I'm not condoning it of course!

But if it got to court then there must have been an accident, so he would be made to pay damages, but not prosecuted for a misleading YP ad.

it is supprising just how many so called tree surgeons work like that ! it sounds prety harsh but im waiting for one of them down this way to have an accident and then watch the sh1t hit the fan lol ,

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess you will always have the select few that opperate like that within the industry , in someways i guess it is one way of keeping the decent firms on their toes !!

Or you could just work with WPD on your back :lol:

No need to worry about slipping into slack ways then :thumbup:

we do do quite alot of work for WPD from time to time and to be honest they are not to bad , saying that i did get suspended from cutting because the company i was subbing to had not forwarded this years coppy of my certs - but then again it does show that WPD are on the ball , we also do alot of work for cornwall council which leaves us oppen to an audit from them at any given time without warning which also is a good idea in my eyes , how many of you guys running your own companies has their staff CRB checked ?? just wondering as it is something i have to do this month

we do do quite alot of work for WPD from time to time and to be honest they are not to bad , saying that i did get suspended from cutting because the company i was subbing to had not forwarded this years coppy of my certs - but then again it does show that WPD are on the ball , we also do alot of work for cornwall council which leaves us oppen to an audit from them at any given time without warning which also is a good idea in my eyes , how many of you guys running your own companies has their staff CRB checked ?? just wondering as it is something i have to do this month

Is Mr Ian Mobbs still on the WPD audit scene?

He used to live slap bang in the middle of our managed unit.

That made for plenty of unscheduled audits (not that we didn't deserve it back then!)

i guess you will always have the select few that opperate like that within the industry , in someways i guess it is one way of keeping the decent firms on their toes !!

I think its a lot more than a select few I would go as far as saying its probably the most common! Everyone knows a bloke who can cut a tree down, and if they don't they find one in YP.

I think its a lot more than a select few I would go as far as saying its probably the most common! Everyone knows a bloke who can cut a tree down, and if they don't they find one in YP.

true and if they cant find one there they can look in the local rag and find one the not only will "lop and top" their trees but will also clean gutters and facias and possibly be up for laying the odd tarmac drive :laugh1: mind you there is a firm back in brians town thats a bit like that and they guarante emaculate tidyupps !!!!