Mog losing air/air not building up

cheers steve , will give you a should mate , it just seems really wierd that it started all of a sudden . i have tried getting as much air in the tanks as possible and listen for air - now previously i could hear air leaking from the top on the gearbox but seeings i now cant get 3 bar in the tanks withot revving the engine up to full working revs for ten mins this morning and now it wond do much at all since i emptied the air tanks lol

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

revving the nuts off it wont make much difference tbh, i put my money on the pto rubbing a pipe. if it has, just cut out the section and put in a repair joint, as i said, if you know anyone who runs a pub they will have valves and stuff that are the same size as the mog connection, if you are really stuck i could post you some down first thing in the morning. but alex price will have them on the shelve to be exact

cheers steve your a gent . i have left the mog in the shed for the night and fecked off home ,. i will have a look for the hose first thing in the morning , i was one step away from buying a new compressor , hopefully you will be right mate , when a drained the tanks there was verry little watter in the tanks at all . thinking about it i doubt that it is the compressor as it build air but its being lost too quickly lol

if you do need a compressor, acprice takes your one as a part exchange for a new one. sometimes its a lot less hassle than messing about trying to fix your own one, i dont know how you can sit in the house, a couple of minutes tonight is a few hours making money tomorrow, and you wont have the boys breathing down your neck either. the belt for the compressor is the first one if i remeber right, so its easy to check, if it is loose it will wear on the engine frame, you just tighten it the same as an altenator if i remember right, and there is a threaded bar under neath that you tighten up.

to be honest steve i went home after a frustratind day , looks like the lads have got a day with a 6 inch green mech and ranger tipper tomorrow while i fix the mog (well try to) the belt is seeming tight though as it was my first check , will be in the yard for 7 tomorrow morning and have a look through the hoses , firstly i think i will take the main hose off and see if the compressor is working and work my way to the back of the mog lol , the pto rubbing the pipe does make sense though . failing that i will disconnect the air brakes and replace them with the dick barkes on my mountain bike !!!!

Best you go and buy one of these

www.BuchundBild.de Unimog-Shop - alles rund um den Unimog und MBtrac - Buch&Bild - Unimog Unimogs MBtrac MB-trac MB trac U 411 U 2010 U 404 U 406 Unimog 401 402 Unimog 403 406 413 416 Unimog 404 Unimog 407 Unimog 411 Unimog 417 Unimog 421 Unimog 424/

I havn't found the owners manual for you.The above is two volumes,like two phone books.Its pricey but it has saved me a fortune in repair bills.

i hope its just something simple, my first breakdown in my u1200 was under a railway bridge and i blocked the road, nightmare. it was the little t piece hose behind the cab, if your mog hasnt got a lid on the chip bin, the chip will fall between the cab and bin and build up, gears will become difficuilt to find, i used to run the blower though the chasis daily to keep it clear.