Health and Safety Documentation

igottacabstar

Just had an info pack sent to me to tender for a large woodland maintenance contract. They've asked for all of my Health & Safety Methodology Documentation. What should I include in this? I've got risk assessments and method statement, don't know what else there could be.:wave:

Just had an info pack sent to me to tender for a large woodland maintenance contract. They've asked for all of my Health & Safety Methodology Documentation. What should I include in this? I've got risk assessments and method statement, don't know what else there could be.:wave:

Include a full (site specific method statement) and a risk assessment (as site specific as you can get) Then your insurance certificates, training certificates etc…

That would be sufficient.

Excuse me...whats the etc there John?

Health and Safety.... I can only speak for how things are done here in Worcester.

When I put a quotation in for highways work I include a Site Specific Method Statement together with a risk assessment. (Site Specific Risk Assessment to be completed on day of works)

I don’t include anything else as the highways are county owned and I’m local authority. (some of the data is shared between authorities)

Back here in the office I have my Employer Health & Safety Policy (which all the team have read and signed to say they have understood it) My COSHH assessments, my Accident and Incident report forms (even a Dangerous Occurrence has to be reported in accordance with RIDDOR regulations.) My PPE record sheet (I have signatures from my team when PPE is issued) My PUWER policy, my Violent Incident Report Forms, Near Miss Report Forms, and of course my LOLER inspection sheets.

I’m sure I’ve missed something out! H & S, don't you just love it...

I’m sure I’ve missed something out! H & S, don't you just love it...

Out of interest John, how much time per week do you think you invest in legislation and are there any forms/regulations you think are purely pen pushing exercises dreamt up by the overly bored, overly paid H&S office wallers?

You obviously don't need to answer part two of my question here, but i'd be keen on a pm.

:wave:

Out of interest John, how much time per week do you think you invest in legislation and are there any forms/regulations you think are purely pen pushing exercises dreamt up by the overly bored, overly paid H&S office wallers?

You obviously don't need to answer part two of my question here, but i'd be keen on a pm.

:wave:

I’m not going to be controversial on this one…To be honest I don’t mind most of the paper-pushing. I’ve been in local authority for 7 years now so I’m used to it, its no good fighting H&S; its there for a reason.

The only real thing that effects productivity is the LOLER checks. We pull all the kit out of the van every Friday afternoon and do the checks, log them on paper and later I’ll transfer the data onto excel. It all takes time but I feel we just have to accept it. :icon14:

The only real thing that effects productivity is the LOLER checks. We pull all the kit out of the van every Friday afternoon and do the checks, log them on paper and later I’ll transfer the data onto excel. It all takes time but I feel we just have to accept it. :icon14:

Why the need for two sets of records?

Have you thought about losing the paper trail with the weekly LOLER checks and just inputting the data straght on to an excel spreadsheet on a PDA.

This could live with the kit bags.