recreational tree climbing in cornwall

• 1 year later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

I think there’s loads of potential for organising some recreational tree climbing events in Cornwall. I’m one of the founding members of universal canopy exploration, a research group dedicated to canopy research across the world. Check out Home - Universal Canopy Exploration

if you want to have a look at what we get up to! Our last project was in the heart of the primary rainforest in Borneo, climbing trees up to 90m tall!

A majority of our team is based in Cornwall and Plymouth so there are loads of us around. Well also be giving talks and demonstrations at Eden over the summer.

When it comes to venues, we have permission to climb most of the trees on the Mount Edgecumb Estate, An awesome venue with loads of fantastic trees for training people and having a laugh.

A couple of you mentioned climbing on national trust estates, I’ve worked as a warden at Lanhydrock , Trelissick and glendurgan. All of these also have fantastic trees to climb and would be quite happy for us to utilise their trees if an event was organised.

It would be great to hear what you all think and if anyone is up for a climb any time we should defiantly sort an event out.:thumbup:

Cheers then

Sam

Hey guys,

I think there’s loads of potential for organising some recreational tree climbing events in Cornwall. I’m one of the founding members of universal canopy exploration, a research group dedicated to canopy research across the world. Check out Home - Universal Canopy Exploration

if you want to have a look at what we get up to! Our last project was in the heart of the primary rainforest in Borneo, climbing trees up to 90m tall!

A majority of our team is based in Cornwall and Plymouth so there are loads of us around. Well also be giving talks and demonstrations at Eden over the summer.

When it comes to venues, we have permission to climb most of the trees on the Mount Edgecumb Estate, An awesome venue with loads of fantastic trees for training people and having a laugh.

A couple of you mentioned climbing on national trust estates, I’ve worked as a warden at Lanhydrock , Trelissick and glendurgan. All of these also have fantastic trees to climb and would be quite happy for us to utilise their trees if an event was organised.

It would be great to hear what you all think and if anyone is up for a climb any time we should defiantly sort an event out.:thumbup:

Cheers then

Sam

If we're able to use one of these sites then perhaps we need to find out what dates they would be available? would be good if we're gonna get together and do this to do it on some nice big specimen trees?

also, I'm going to have to backtrack on my provisional 'yes' to Aug BH weekend as i'm going camping in Wales. any other weekend is fine in Aug and Sept I'd have to check as have stag do and wedding in that month, but we'd want to do it before Sept wouldnt we???

• 8 years later...