Do you have permission to take that tree down?

Jon Lad

I think its good, when people show an interest in why trees are coming down and stuff, providing the speak nicely and dont come shouting at you. Saying that, my people skills are rubbish and i get annoyed with them to easily.

Keep your ear muffs down, saw running and pretend you cant here them. :D they will soon move when there falling branches left right and centre lol

:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One i will always remember... I was reducing a London Plane in Blackheath and this lady came over and asked the guy who's company it was why she hadn't been informed. As the chair of the blah blah, and on the board of the blah blah blah, and actively involved in the blah blah.

He responded that maybe she wasn't as important as she thought she was. started the saw and walked off. Nearly peed myself there and then. :lol:

I like that response your boss gave Rich think i will have to put that in the memory banks to be brought out soon:lol:

Worked for Andy Goddard this week and he had an ex councillor pestering him for three days!!!!! So a big well done to Andy for keeping his cool:congrats:

I get what your saying ham, and the majority of people have good intentions! But sometimes these people are just the neighbourhood bully/ curtain twitcher and they need to be put back in their box's! :laugh1:

you could also say that by being polite and diplomatic you dont lower yourself or our proffesion?:thumbup1:

I admit there are times when it is just too much temptation, i can be a very dry sarcastic so and so too!:lol:

I once was sat in a van eating lunch admiring a fine specimen of a Monkey puzzle. When next thing i know i have two councillors set about aggressivly asking me what i was going to do to the tree! It kinda makes you feel that you have to be that way back. However i have learnt the hard way that the best course of action is just to be polite, have a chat and hopefully leave a good impression that we are proffesionals with our own high standards of work. Hope that is the text book answer you were looking for! oh and also told them i was just having my lunch!

Sent my team out to fell a medium sized Raywood the other Week.

Good looking tree, great autumn colour, looked over by many local residents.

Typical of it's species though, had split at top of it's trunk/canopy union.

Now, where we work is like a lot of high end pretencious parts of London, full of very interfering know it alls, that some think they have, and some actually do have - influence. Judges, politicians, Journalists etc.......

The loss of this Tree to the particular locals caused an almighty fuss, so much so that it made the local press within a couple of days, pictures of the guys, everything.

An unwarranted attack on our team and our work, imho :thumbdown:

But due to local politics, protocol & diplomacy, I'm unable to answer this in the way it truly deserves.

A couple of carefully worded e-mails to questions by me, & a well penned if brief reply to the paper article by a chief officer, is all that I can really get in way of satisfaction against the accusations made against the teams professionality & reputation.

Trees & People Eh :001_rolleyes: