HTC touch pro 2 (and other smartphone users)

Charlieh

Upgrade time, just wondered if anyone was using one of these, the shop steered me away from the Iphone due to pathetic battery standby length in the real world, basically they said they were fine if you worked in an office and could have it sat on a charge most of the time, the other option is one of the blackberry's but the only one i like the look of is the storm 2 and that doesnt look as user friendly as my trust old htc tytnII, at the minute it looks like the touch pro 2 is the best option as its still windows mobile pro based and not on andriod, which i have had a play on and dont like, but it means i will have to get a business account with orange, which may put my broadband up :thumbdown:

any feedback from users would be appreciated :thumbup:

essential features are GPS and WiFi, and ideally a full qwerty keyboard, incase i have missed any models, oh and it will be on orange

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is battery issues, but stating that it is for office users only is a load of rubbish. I would go to another shop. There are such things as in car chargers. If you turn the wifi off as well when out and about it saves battery life.

Sounds like the salesman has got a target to reach on the HTC.

New version of iPhone due out in June\july. I'm waiting out to get mine.

I did wonder as i have a few mates with iphones that havent complained, but i like the fact that i can have my phone on me and maybe only charge it every few days, I use a local shop that is impartial on sales, and will get grey imports etc, so they dont have sales targets but, it does mean that if i get a problem i can nip in and they sort it out then and there or will loan a phone if something plays up, I thought they bought out a new iphone at the end of last year?

I should also mention that i have been using htc's for the last 4+ years and have found them to be exceptionally robust, even out lasting my old ruggedised nokia

I upgraded from the Tytn II to the Touch 3G (different I know) since late last year and have no complaints - but then I never got into using the keyboard like it thought I would. GPS is nice and quick but watch the WIFI with Orange...

I've been an Orange customer since 2000 and have never had a bad word to say about them until I got the touch 3G - they went and locked the WIFI out!!! The phone could still use the wifi signal but only as part of the Unique Manager (UMA)software. It claims to use your router (preferably an Orange Livebox of course) to boost your signal but it effectively forces you to use expensive 3G connections if you want to go online/download email.

So, a little bit of reading later HTC Touch 3G "Orange Unique" - xda-developers and I reset the software to a universal version. So it all works perfectly like HTC intended...

I'm not sure whether the model you are looking at has UMA but be warned, the staff in the shops don't have a clue about the limitations.

Nokia N900 Charlie

I'm chuffed with mine. Apps are not readily available as they have just come out and battery life is tight, it goes down to half if I use it a lot ove 24 hours but lasts a few days on standyby

Internet is excellent, quite fast and similar to the iphone for browsing, full qwerty as well

Got mine on Tmobile for £30 a month, unlimited internet, 500 mins any network and 300 texts

Dont get an iphone, every tom dick and harry has got one Baaahhh

I would steer well clear of the i-phone....its just a girly toy really with a crap camera for people that have been sucked into a sales pitch by apple......or am i being harsh....

I have just got an HTC HD2, and i havent had it long enoughto really make my mind up. I was going to go for the same phone as dean, having had n series nokias since they first came out, but the reliability and software issues made me look elsewhere, and ended up with HTC. The battery life is a bit disappointing, but other than that i am very pleased with it. It runs windows 6.5, and will NOT be able to be upgraded to windows 7 as it doesnt have some required hardeware, but i dont see it as a problem really. Good phone overall.