45KN = 4500kgs?

Ian Flatters

"for arborists rigging, with dynamic loading, high wear, and dirty conditions, a design factor of 10 or greater is recomended" {the art and science of practical rigging ISA production}

i'll belive the book thanks:thumbup:

thats for ropes. Try Reading the latest tree rigging research commisioned by the HSE & completed by liam of treevolution & others.

hardware: 5:1

Slings: 7:1

Rope: 10:1

Its all to do with CTF & PL's but you don't have to take my word for it, but i'd hope that i know what i'm talkin about lol.

• Like 1

thats for ropes. Try Reading the latest tree rigging research commisioned by the HSE & completed by liam of treevolution & others.

Its all to do with CTF & PL's but you don't have to take my word for it, but i'd hope that i know what i'm talkin about lol.

lol:lol:

either way mine will be super safe then as i'll have twice as much, so its all good

Try Reading the latest tree rigging research commisioned by the HSE QUOTE]

i will be reading that but i just looked at it and it looks like it might take a min or two

i take it that it is this one

http://www.hse.gov.uk/research/rrpdf/rr668.pdf

ha ha yea it does take a while very good though

Edited by educated arborist
typo

rod

honestly it,s

i have once again been surprised by the lack of basic knowledge on this thread re rigging

and i see if you look at the 40-41 poll and see how many don't see it as been worthwhile

this thread says it all

not having a pop at anyone honest:confused1:

rod

honestly it,s

i have once again been surprised by the lack of basic knowledge on this thread re rigging

and i see if you look at the 40-41 poll and see how many don't see it as been worthwhile

this thread says it all

A very valid point. I learnt on the job, thats why i asked who had cs 40 41. This certainly highlights my gaps in knowledge. Sorry to derail. :001_smile:

rod

honestly it,s

this thread says it all

Dito:thumbup1: more so the 41 IMO the underlying physics are v important & i'd argue that even more detail should be added testing knowlege on the weakest link in the system PL & CTF diferences in hardware & software etc. The number of inspections i do where a rope too strang to be used with a capstan is being & dont froget its not the SWL we're talking about its maintaining the rope as the weakest link in the system.

I'm not having a dig at any1 part of me feels that supliers should be better educated & more pro-active as well as loler inspectors, NPTC assesors, employers & employees alike.

The number of inspections i do where a rope too strang to be used with a capstan is being & dont froget its not the SWL we're talking about its maintaining the rope as the weakest link in the system.

how do you tackle this within the framework of LOLER?