Non Tree stuff!!!

crosscut

one of our shetlands injured his leg tearing around a paddock a year back now, we had to have his back leg in a sling immobile for 4 weeks! can you imagine how much fun that was trying to strap his leg up! so i can appreciate how it feels.

Im sure it will be fine

Charlie

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anna - hope the horse is on the mend, I feel for your vet bills:scared:it's bad enough with a 12st dog!. Busy trying to get the last round of treatment back via insurance, but they don't want to cough up!.

On a different line, I've heard of farmers using chip as animal bedding - can you shed any light on this?

On a different line, I've heard of farmers using chip as animal bedding - can you shed any light on this?

They tried it on the Farm at work - apparently you need a conical screw type splitter as the chips need to be flat and square, ideally about 4 inches across.

Doesn't seem to suit our climate very well (or at least not locally) and turnes to a manky swamp in no time.

• 2 weeks later...

from the weekend kart race,rained all race and came 11 from a grid of25 damn the rain and skinny people.

if any of you fancy a laugh and a race in this championship karting go to stockton motor clubs web site and put your name forward it's £50 per race.597653469546d_jasonkartingapril27th.jpg.0cf8f5ebde635f2536b7509fd5b7aec9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I am on the district team, overseeing the five units we have in the Lincoln area (almost 100 explorer scouts) so I dont directly run any of them, but get involved in any activities that bring all 5 units together, as well as looking after the camp store for all of them, and also being heavily involved in our district mountain activity team, which runs walking, climbing, bouldering and mountain biking activities for all scout age groups in the district and also many countywide events.

Fair play sound like your district is far better organised that ours!

we don't have anything as good as a district team, we've got a DESC but he's a fat useless tw*t.

We've only just started to organise 3 units in the district

At the mo I'm one of two ESL in the district and the others my assistant. But we've only got a total of around 30-40 explorers on paper of which I see a dozen-ish